CAMMELL Laird 1907 FC's first team got back to league action as they entertained Abbey Hulton United but could not get the win to take them out of the bottom three of the North West Counties First Division South.

A good opening to the game saw Lairds creating chances whilst staying solid at the back, but they had to wait until the 27th minute for Kieran Hamm to put them ahead.

Within two minutes, Matthew Plant levelled matters as slack marking let him in, but Lairds soon recovered and captain Ryan Smith edged them ahead in the 33rd minute when finishing at the back post to give his team a half time lead of 2-1.

The visitors came out fighting in the second half and applied plenty of pressure on the Lairds goal but keeper Casey Shakeshaft repelled them with some great saves until Jamie Turner equalised in the 69th minute.

The final ten minutes saw Lairds gain the upper hand as they surged forward but they wasted a number of chances as Jack Darlington forced a save from the visitor's keeper and Ben Wood blazed over when well positioned to score.

The rear guard action of United retained their hard earned draw and they stay fifth after the 2-2 encounter.

On Saturday, February 10, Lairds are again at the KRCT Stadium entertaining Droylesden with a 3pm kick off.

Lairds reserves took no mercy on Great Sutton as they romped home 12-0 and are placed second in the West Cheshire Third Division just one point behind the leaders with two games in hand.

This dominant performance was highlighted by Fyn Eason as he bagged four goals and Keiron Hughes who netted a treble, with Tom Taffe, Ben Crossley, Aaron Bunclarke, Adam Larway and man of the match Henry Willett all scoring singles in a great team effort.

Their next fixture is away to Poulton Victoria next Saturday with a 3pm kick off.

Paul McGregor's youth team had to battle hard against AFC Knowsley to collect the points as they came from behind to record a 2-1 victory in which Paul's son Kyle McGregor netted both goals, with one of them from the spot. This was a really good team effort to keep them in the hunt for the title and avenged the cup defeat from last week against the same opponents.

Next Saturday they play against Mossley Hill Athletic with a 10.30am kick off.