DESPITE the recent tragic death of goalkeeper Liam Clark, North Wirral Saints insisted their top of the table clash versus Rockpoint FC took place and a very large crowd attended to show their respects to a much-loved player, father and partner who will be missed by all.

The fixture produced a thrilling game with plenty of goalmouth action but a late strike from Stuart Hardman was enough for Rockpoint to earn a 1-0 victory in this Moreton Alarms Supplies Second division encounter and put them top.

Trident secured their first win of the campaign with a 2-0 success over Barnston PV as an own goal and a Shaun Ronald effort took the points.

A goal apiece from Dillon Thomas and Ryan Day earned Eastham Rangers Colts a 2-1 win away at Wallasey Wanderers who had Owen Pulford as their scorer.

Delta Colts came from 0-3 down to earn a 4-4 draw against Park Royal thanks to goals from Dean Wylde-2, Joey Robinson and Lewis Ward.

Two own goals plus a Shay Mullen effort gave Shore Villa a 3-1 victory over Upton Youth who relied through Matt Benson.

Highest scorers of the day were Vineyard who won a twelve-goal thriller 8-4 versus Wallasey Wolves as Fran Tolman netted four times, Tom Mole twice with James McClennan and Macauley Clay-Lewis one each.

Firing the responses were James McAlinden, Adam Thompson, Connor Edwards and Curtis LR.

Mixed fortunes befell our teams in the Wirral DFA Amateur Cup first round as only two teams progressed.

JASGA won the all-Wallasey affair against Upton FC 4-1 thanks to Stewart Speed bagging a hat-trick and Steve Kelly netting a penalty.

Poulton Vics disposed of Castrol Club 4-3 with Dan Banicale (2), Steve Gandy and Karl Barker finding the target.

Despite goals from Ryan Hodgson, Jake Maddox and Kieran Hodgson Eastham Rangers went out by the odd goal in seven 4-3 versus Lions FC and PLCCFC failed to register a goal when losing 0-3 against Upton Town.

Two goals from Ben Rourke where not enough for Phoenix FC who last 7-2 away at Rivacre FC.