REPRESENTING the league in this season's Wirral DFA Amateur Cup Final will be Nelson FC, who sunk the aspirations of Stirrup FC with a 3-1 victory.

Ben Dunn fired a superb double and Lewis James added a single in a fine team effort.

The Magee Cup semi-finals saw two very closely-contested games.

Poulton Vics edged out Queens Liscard with a solitary goal from Karl Barker to earn their final place in an end-to-end affair, but PLCCFC required a penalty shoot-out to defeat Upton FC after they drew 1-1 after 90 minutes.

Matty Hollis bagged the important equaliser after Charlie McMahon had given Upton the lead. Goalie Barry White made the only save as they won the shoot-out 5-4 to reach the last two.

Second division action saw Halfway House increase their lead at the top following their 3-1 away success against Runcorn Select and this after being 1-0 down to a Ryan Burnell effort, but a Joe Skinner brace allied to a single from Alex Ramsay saw them take the spoils.

Close rivals Trident had to share the points with Eastham Rangers Colts as they fought out a 1-1 draw, with Stephen Teale netting for Trident and Harry Mills replied.

Barnston PV lifted themselves off the foot of the table after beating North Wirral Saints 3-2, thanks to two penalties by Jason Stephens and a single from Tom Warburton in a lively game.

Semi-final action also took place in the Youth divisions Cup and saw Groves FC draw 4-4 with ACA Sports before winning a penalty shoot-out 6-5 to reach the final.

Scoring in normal time for Groves were Liam Sparks (2) and Connor Doyle (2) and for Sports it was Dylan Jeffrie with a treble and Ste Horne with a single.

They will play a local derby versus Groves Rovers who beat Delta Colts Parkfield in a game that saw defences on top, but goals from Gabriel Kwatang and a Matty Hickman penalty resulted in a 2-0 victory for Rovers.

The only fixture in the first division resulted in a 4-2 success for JASGA PV versus St Andrews United, due to Adam Walker netting a brace and both Stewart Speed and Jordan Griffiths claiming a goal apiece.

AC Hoylake grabbed the points versus Higher Beb JFC in the Grove Youth division when winning 2-1 with efforts from Joe Snellgrove and Jonny Corkhill to record a memorable victory.

On target for Beb was Joel Whalley and they remain mid-table.

A true ambassador of amateur football on the Wirral sadly passed away on Friday and will be truly missed by all that knew him.

Gerry Jones was a great advocate for local football and gained many friends with his brand of no-nonsense refereeing. Gerry also served for many years as the referee’s liaison officer at Goodison Park, where he was also a staunch Evertonian. The condolences of the league are expressed to all his family and close friends at this sad time.