Wirral Labour party is playing politics

Wirral Globe: Wallasey town hall Wallasey town hall

I COULD hardly believe my eyes when I read the Globe's article re: Labour's power grab on Wirral Council.

In a democracy of course opposition parties should have leadership roles.

Then I remembered my own time as a member of the Labour group in Wirral and the inbuilt belief they are right and everybody else is wrong!

That is the problem within the Labour Party, there is never any thought that other parties' views are worth consideration.

Not so long ago they would not even consider taking up four cabinet seats offered to then when they were a minority group here in Wirral, thereby denying those they were meant to be serving any representation whatsoever.

As a member of Merseytravel I remember being dragged into the leader’s office for just voicing an opinion that both Liberal Democrats and Conservatives should have leadership roles on committees.

I imagine if this letter is printed there will be an uproar, yes it’s okay if a member of another party joins their ranks but considered an act of treason if someone decides to leave, as I did.

They will also trot out the same old message that if the nasty Tory / LibDem Government don't offer as much money as Labour thinks the Council needs everything would be hunky dory. What rubbish.

Don't believe them, they just can’t work within a budget and must think money grows on trees!

Look at the last Labour Government which brought the country to its knees spending money they never had.

Socialist Governments throughout history have always failed eventually, this Labour run totalitarian council is heading down that road.

Denis Knowles Ex-Labour councillor for Seacombe ward

Comments (15)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

12:26pm Thu 19 Jun 14

hobroW says...

The story from the inside!

Confirms what I have been thinking and commenting on other threads
The story from the inside! Confirms what I have been thinking and commenting on other threads hobroW
  • Score: 1

2:41pm Thu 19 Jun 14

piermaster says...

Well you would say that,would you not!!
Well you would say that,would you not!! piermaster
  • Score: -8

3:05pm Thu 19 Jun 14

hobroW says...

Piermaster I say what truth impels me to say so. If I would say so it is only because it is true.
Piermaster I say what truth impels me to say so. If I would say so it is only because it is true. hobroW
  • Score: 1

3:54pm Thu 19 Jun 14

piermaster says...

hobroW wrote:
Piermaster I say what truth impels me to say so. If I would say so it is only because it is true.
The truth based on the words of a person who could be considered a class traitor!! Someone who crossed the floor on perhaps the promise of more incentives!! All it does is show you're gullibility and the same lack of judgement perhaps displayed whilst a WBC employee!!
[quote][p][bold]hobroW[/bold] wrote: Piermaster I say what truth impels me to say so. If I would say so it is only because it is true.[/p][/quote]The truth based on the words of a person who could be considered a class traitor!! Someone who crossed the floor on perhaps the promise of more incentives!! All it does is show you're gullibility and the same lack of judgement perhaps displayed whilst a WBC employee!! piermaster
  • Score: -1

4:34pm Thu 19 Jun 14

JohnON says...

piermaster, do you think it's reasonable to assume that nobody gets everything right 100% of the time? Not even a Labour Council?

Then tell me when was the last time a Labour Councillor has voted against our Council's esteemed leader?

Yet, it happens within the opposition groups all the time. No doubt, you'd say it's because of poor leadership whereas I'd say it's an acknowledgement that NOBODY is ever 100% correct.

I supported Labour most of my working life - until I took the time to see past their dogmatic, dictatorial, closed-ranks, closed-doors way of doing their business. It's entrenched in Labour's entire 'raison d'etre'.

Where gullibility and lack of judgement is concerned I might suggest you look closer to home.
piermaster, do you think it's reasonable to assume that nobody gets everything right 100% of the time? Not even a Labour Council? Then tell me when was the last time a Labour Councillor has voted against our Council's esteemed leader? Yet, it happens within the opposition groups all the time. No doubt, you'd say it's because of poor leadership whereas I'd say it's an acknowledgement that NOBODY is ever 100% correct. I supported Labour most of my working life - until I took the time to see past their dogmatic, dictatorial, closed-ranks, closed-doors way of doing their business. It's entrenched in Labour's entire 'raison d'etre'. Where gullibility and lack of judgement is concerned I might suggest you look closer to home. JohnON
  • Score: 6

7:52pm Thu 19 Jun 14

Wirral.......... says...

My My My, why continue to eat the grapes if they taste so sour? Green is not your colour Dennis, but it is a party you could Turncoat too.
You signed your letter Ex-Labour councillor for Seacombe ward.
Maybe you could have signed it "Defeated Tory Candidate for Seacombe Ward 2011" Or "Defeated Tory Candidate for Upton ward 2012", or "Defeated Tory candidate for Pensby and Thingwall ward 2014".
You fail to mention in your rant about the Labour party, it was you, as a Labour Councillor who said that closing down some local public services was for the "Greater Good"

You say "Socialist Governments throughout history have always failed eventually"
Some quotes you may be familiar with Dennis.
"They talk about the failure of socialism but where is the success of capitalism in Africa, Asia and Latin America?"
Fidel Castro

"Once more I was able to convince myself how criminal the capitalist octopuses are. On a picture of our old and bewailed comrade Stalin, I swore not to rest before these capitalist octopuses are destroyed."
Che Guevara
My My My, why continue to eat the grapes if they taste so sour? Green is not your colour Dennis, but it is a party you could Turncoat too. You signed your letter Ex-Labour councillor for Seacombe ward. Maybe you could have signed it "Defeated Tory Candidate for Seacombe Ward 2011" Or "Defeated Tory Candidate for Upton ward 2012", or "Defeated Tory candidate for Pensby and Thingwall ward 2014". You fail to mention in your rant about the Labour party, it was you, as a Labour Councillor who said that closing down some local public services was for the "Greater Good" You say "Socialist Governments throughout history have always failed eventually" Some quotes you may be familiar with Dennis. "They talk about the failure of socialism but where is the success of capitalism in Africa, Asia and Latin America?" Fidel Castro "Once more I was able to convince myself how criminal the capitalist octopuses are. On a picture of our old and bewailed comrade Stalin, I swore not to rest before these capitalist octopuses are destroyed." Che Guevara Wirral..........
  • Score: 2

11:09am Fri 20 Jun 14

hobroW says...

Piermaster..to know the truth you must master your brief! I have never been an employee of Wirral borough council.

You cannot criticise my judgement if you are not in possession of the salient facts. Had you read the Big fund report extracts published in July 2013 and appended to the minutes of the full council meeting you would understand the following:

1. I was the employee of a Service Provider to WBC
2. I was proven to be correct in all six of the files sampled some of which were outrageously wrong
3. If you are an accountant it would be bad judgement to allow misrepresentation and fraud on public monies to be left to continue once the accountant had knowledge thereof.
4. the Bad judgement that I made was to imagine that the Council would deal with the revelations in a timely and proper fashion.
5. The group largely in control for the period , save Febr 2012 to May 2012, was indeed the Labour group
Piermaster..to know the truth you must master your brief! I have never been an employee of Wirral borough council. You cannot criticise my judgement if you are not in possession of the salient facts. Had you read the Big fund report extracts published in July 2013 and appended to the minutes of the full council meeting you would understand the following: 1. I was the employee of a Service Provider to WBC 2. I was proven to be correct in all six of the files sampled some of which were outrageously wrong 3. If you are an accountant it would be bad judgement to allow misrepresentation and fraud on public monies to be left to continue once the accountant had knowledge thereof. 4. the Bad judgement that I made was to imagine that the Council would deal with the revelations in a timely and proper fashion. 5. The group largely in control for the period , save Febr 2012 to May 2012, was indeed the Labour group hobroW
  • Score: 3

10:24am Sat 21 Jun 14

uncatom says...

Sour grapes by a useless councillor ( of any party).
Sour grapes by a useless councillor ( of any party). uncatom
  • Score: 3

3:19pm Sat 21 Jun 14

hobroW says...

Whatever the motive sour grapes or neutral observation, the comments remain valid in themselves.

Cllr Davies is breaking a convention, which is in line with democratic proportionality. Breaking a convention (of war) invites reprisal when Labour has lost control. Were local government deprived of scrutiny by Labour, then by conservative, we would all be the poorer.

Since when does a local politician act as judge and jury to justify the breach by calling the opposition irresponsible? That pronouncement is on a par with statements made in my case,at the July 2013 council meeting that his constituents dont care about past scandals , let us move on; at the same time in a press release, that the lessons learned from the BIG fund fiasco were that instructions to a panel be in writing. Neither comment invites anything but ridicule.

Mr Knowles may well be right that doctrine has made **** of the local Labour party.
Whatever the motive sour grapes or neutral observation, the comments remain valid in themselves. Cllr Davies is breaking a convention, which is in line with democratic proportionality. Breaking a convention (of war) invites reprisal when Labour has lost control. Were local government deprived of scrutiny by Labour, then by conservative, we would all be the poorer. Since when does a local politician act as judge and jury to justify the breach by calling the opposition irresponsible? That pronouncement is on a par with statements made in my case,at the July 2013 council meeting that his constituents dont care about past scandals , let us move on; at the same time in a press release, that the lessons learned from the BIG fund fiasco were that instructions to a panel be in writing. Neither comment invites anything but ridicule. Mr Knowles may well be right that doctrine has made **** of the local Labour party. hobroW
  • Score: -2

11:04pm Sat 21 Jun 14

DenisKnowles says...

To Wirral,
Yes I could have mentioned all those failures as a Conservative candidate but the fact remains, Labour have never been good at sharing responsibility with other parties for the public good.
Fidel and the late and great Che were Comminist leaders, both of whom I have great respect for and not to be confused with so called Socialists under the guise of the Labour Party, who have never had those values.
To Wirral, Yes I could have mentioned all those failures as a Conservative candidate but the fact remains, Labour have never been good at sharing responsibility with other parties for the public good. Fidel and the late and great Che were Comminist leaders, both of whom I have great respect for and not to be confused with so called Socialists under the guise of the Labour Party, who have never had those values. DenisKnowles
  • Score: 0

1:09pm Mon 23 Jun 14

Joeblogg85 says...

hobroW wrote:
Piermaster..to know the truth you must master your brief! I have never been an employee of Wirral borough council.

You cannot criticise my judgement if you are not in possession of the salient facts. Had you read the Big fund report extracts published in July 2013 and appended to the minutes of the full council meeting you would understand the following:

1. I was the employee of a Service Provider to WBC
2. I was proven to be correct in all six of the files sampled some of which were outrageously wrong
3. If you are an accountant it would be bad judgement to allow misrepresentation and fraud on public monies to be left to continue once the accountant had knowledge thereof.
4. the Bad judgement that I made was to imagine that the Council would deal with the revelations in a timely and proper fashion.
5. The group largely in control for the period , save Febr 2012 to May 2012, was indeed the Labour group
Dear hobroW,

I respect many of your views and am in no doubt issues remain in the funding programmes you refer to often. I also believe this needs to be resolved and that no doubt Mr Adderley is doing his utmost to stop this happening as it occurred under his watch.

With respect, I just don't think we need to be reminded of this subject on every thread on this site.

I know dealing with Wirral Council can be very frustrating and the wheels of justice move very slowly. I very much hope that you get your day in court soon and that justice is finally done.

All the best Joe.
[quote][p][bold]hobroW[/bold] wrote: Piermaster..to know the truth you must master your brief! I have never been an employee of Wirral borough council. You cannot criticise my judgement if you are not in possession of the salient facts. Had you read the Big fund report extracts published in July 2013 and appended to the minutes of the full council meeting you would understand the following: 1. I was the employee of a Service Provider to WBC 2. I was proven to be correct in all six of the files sampled some of which were outrageously wrong 3. If you are an accountant it would be bad judgement to allow misrepresentation and fraud on public monies to be left to continue once the accountant had knowledge thereof. 4. the Bad judgement that I made was to imagine that the Council would deal with the revelations in a timely and proper fashion. 5. The group largely in control for the period , save Febr 2012 to May 2012, was indeed the Labour group[/p][/quote]Dear hobroW, I respect many of your views and am in no doubt issues remain in the funding programmes you refer to often. I also believe this needs to be resolved and that no doubt Mr Adderley is doing his utmost to stop this happening as it occurred under his watch. With respect, I just don't think we need to be reminded of this subject on every thread on this site. I know dealing with Wirral Council can be very frustrating and the wheels of justice move very slowly. I very much hope that you get your day in court soon and that justice is finally done. All the best Joe. Joeblogg85
  • Score: 0

12:14pm Tue 24 Jun 14

YOU KNOW IT'S TRUE says...

NEVER THOUGHT I WOULD SEE THE DAY WHEN A LABOUR (WELL X LABOUR) COUNCILLOR SPEAKS SOME SENSE.
LABOUR TAX- SPEND- WASTE EVERYONES MONEY!!!!
NEVER THOUGHT I WOULD SEE THE DAY WHEN A LABOUR (WELL X LABOUR) COUNCILLOR SPEAKS SOME SENSE. LABOUR TAX- SPEND- WASTE EVERYONES MONEY!!!! YOU KNOW IT'S TRUE
  • Score: -1

12:17pm Tue 24 Jun 14

YOU KNOW IT'S TRUE says...

WE JUST NEED TO CONVINCE ALL THE OTHER COMMUNISTS THAT LABOUR DOESN'T WORK AND SOME PEOPLE DESERVE MORE THAN OTHERS BECAUSE THEY WORK HARD , ALL PEOPLE ARE NOT EQUAL.
LABOUR ARE THE PARTY OF ENVY
WE JUST NEED TO CONVINCE ALL THE OTHER COMMUNISTS THAT LABOUR DOESN'T WORK AND SOME PEOPLE DESERVE MORE THAN OTHERS BECAUSE THEY WORK HARD , ALL PEOPLE ARE NOT EQUAL. LABOUR ARE THE PARTY OF ENVY YOU KNOW IT'S TRUE
  • Score: -1

5:30pm Tue 24 Jun 14

hobroW says...

Joeblogg85 wrote:
hobroW wrote:
Piermaster..to know the truth you must master your brief! I have never been an employee of Wirral borough council.

You cannot criticise my judgement if you are not in possession of the salient facts. Had you read the Big fund report extracts published in July 2013 and appended to the minutes of the full council meeting you would understand the following:

1. I was the employee of a Service Provider to WBC
2. I was proven to be correct in all six of the files sampled some of which were outrageously wrong
3. If you are an accountant it would be bad judgement to allow misrepresentation and fraud on public monies to be left to continue once the accountant had knowledge thereof.
4. the Bad judgement that I made was to imagine that the Council would deal with the revelations in a timely and proper fashion.
5. The group largely in control for the period , save Febr 2012 to May 2012, was indeed the Labour group
Dear hobroW,

I respect many of your views and am in no doubt issues remain in the funding programmes you refer to often. I also believe this needs to be resolved and that no doubt Mr Adderley is doing his utmost to stop this happening as it occurred under his watch.

With respect, I just don't think we need to be reminded of this subject on every thread on this site.

I know dealing with Wirral Council can be very frustrating and the wheels of justice move very slowly. I very much hope that you get your day in court soon and that justice is finally done.

All the best Joe.
sorry Joe it were Piermaster that provoked me with his comment. The thread on this will close down after 22nd July's committee meeting. (provided that they do some of the right things).

It has been exhausting and I yearn to return to books, chess and music. WBC need to put me out of my misery..and clearly it would help protect your boredom threshold.
[quote][p][bold]Joeblogg85[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]hobroW[/bold] wrote: Piermaster..to know the truth you must master your brief! I have never been an employee of Wirral borough council. You cannot criticise my judgement if you are not in possession of the salient facts. Had you read the Big fund report extracts published in July 2013 and appended to the minutes of the full council meeting you would understand the following: 1. I was the employee of a Service Provider to WBC 2. I was proven to be correct in all six of the files sampled some of which were outrageously wrong 3. If you are an accountant it would be bad judgement to allow misrepresentation and fraud on public monies to be left to continue once the accountant had knowledge thereof. 4. the Bad judgement that I made was to imagine that the Council would deal with the revelations in a timely and proper fashion. 5. The group largely in control for the period , save Febr 2012 to May 2012, was indeed the Labour group[/p][/quote]Dear hobroW, I respect many of your views and am in no doubt issues remain in the funding programmes you refer to often. I also believe this needs to be resolved and that no doubt Mr Adderley is doing his utmost to stop this happening as it occurred under his watch. With respect, I just don't think we need to be reminded of this subject on every thread on this site. I know dealing with Wirral Council can be very frustrating and the wheels of justice move very slowly. I very much hope that you get your day in court soon and that justice is finally done. All the best Joe.[/p][/quote]sorry Joe it were Piermaster that provoked me with his comment. The thread on this will close down after 22nd July's committee meeting. (provided that they do some of the right things). It has been exhausting and I yearn to return to books, chess and music. WBC need to put me out of my misery..and clearly it would help protect your boredom threshold. hobroW
  • Score: 0

7:08pm Tue 24 Jun 14

piermaster says...

hobroW wrote:
Joeblogg85 wrote:
hobroW wrote:
Piermaster..to know the truth you must master your brief! I have never been an employee of Wirral borough council.

You cannot criticise my judgement if you are not in possession of the salient facts. Had you read the Big fund report extracts published in July 2013 and appended to the minutes of the full council meeting you would understand the following:

1. I was the employee of a Service Provider to WBC
2. I was proven to be correct in all six of the files sampled some of which were outrageously wrong
3. If you are an accountant it would be bad judgement to allow misrepresentation and fraud on public monies to be left to continue once the accountant had knowledge thereof.
4. the Bad judgement that I made was to imagine that the Council would deal with the revelations in a timely and proper fashion.
5. The group largely in control for the period , save Febr 2012 to May 2012, was indeed the Labour group
Dear hobroW,

I respect many of your views and am in no doubt issues remain in the funding programmes you refer to often. I also believe this needs to be resolved and that no doubt Mr Adderley is doing his utmost to stop this happening as it occurred under his watch.

With respect, I just don't think we need to be reminded of this subject on every thread on this site.

I know dealing with Wirral Council can be very frustrating and the wheels of justice move very slowly. I very much hope that you get your day in court soon and that justice is finally done.

All the best Joe.
sorry Joe it were Piermaster that provoked me with his comment. The thread on this will close down after 22nd July's committee meeting. (provided that they do some of the right things).

It has been exhausting and I yearn to return to books, chess and music. WBC need to put me out of my misery..and clearly it would help protect your boredom threshold.
So it was just Piermaster who provoked your comments!! Perhaps you need to read some of the comments again!! But then I would say that,would I not!!
[quote][p][bold]hobroW[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Joeblogg85[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]hobroW[/bold] wrote: Piermaster..to know the truth you must master your brief! I have never been an employee of Wirral borough council. You cannot criticise my judgement if you are not in possession of the salient facts. Had you read the Big fund report extracts published in July 2013 and appended to the minutes of the full council meeting you would understand the following: 1. I was the employee of a Service Provider to WBC 2. I was proven to be correct in all six of the files sampled some of which were outrageously wrong 3. If you are an accountant it would be bad judgement to allow misrepresentation and fraud on public monies to be left to continue once the accountant had knowledge thereof. 4. the Bad judgement that I made was to imagine that the Council would deal with the revelations in a timely and proper fashion. 5. The group largely in control for the period , save Febr 2012 to May 2012, was indeed the Labour group[/p][/quote]Dear hobroW, I respect many of your views and am in no doubt issues remain in the funding programmes you refer to often. I also believe this needs to be resolved and that no doubt Mr Adderley is doing his utmost to stop this happening as it occurred under his watch. With respect, I just don't think we need to be reminded of this subject on every thread on this site. I know dealing with Wirral Council can be very frustrating and the wheels of justice move very slowly. I very much hope that you get your day in court soon and that justice is finally done. All the best Joe.[/p][/quote]sorry Joe it were Piermaster that provoked me with his comment. The thread on this will close down after 22nd July's committee meeting. (provided that they do some of the right things). It has been exhausting and I yearn to return to books, chess and music. WBC need to put me out of my misery..and clearly it would help protect your boredom threshold.[/p][/quote]So it was just Piermaster who provoked your comments!! Perhaps you need to read some of the comments again!! But then I would say that,would I not!! piermaster
  • Score: 2

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree