WEST Cheshire League flag bearers Vauxhall Motors progressed to a semi-final encounter with Dukinfield Town and boosted the chances of keeping the Cheshire County FA Amateur Cup on the Wirral, following Saturday's 3-1 quarter final eclipse of Congleton Vale.

Goals from Jason Carey and Ryan Nightingale put the Motormen in the driving seat, and although the visitors reduced the deficit on 76 minutes, hero of the hour, Nightingale, applied the finishing touch again six minutes from time and sealed the issue.

Sadly, it was the end of the road for gallamt Division Two minnows, Ellesmere Port Town, who despite being reduced to ten men, gave it their best shot before they capitulated 2-1 to Cheshire Association League top dogs, Knutsford.

Max Jolly fired home from the spot for the Port's consolation with six minutes remaining.

On the domestic scene, congratulations to Neston Nomads, who accepted an invitation to join Division One at the start of the season, and after Saturday's 5-1 blitz of Heswall, assumed pole position from inactive leaders, South Liverpool.

Andy Kingan gave the hosts the lead which they held up to the interval, but following a second half revival from a well drilled Nomads, the game was transformed, as the hosts replied via Lewis Clark, Lee Dunbar, Chris Kennedy, Robbie Foulkes and Jake Hulley and savoured an excellent result.

In response to last month's Pyke Cup defeat, Richmond Raith Rovers turned the tables on reigning champions Newton, who were consigned to a secongd league reversal in succession.

Efforts from Paul Gouthwaite, an own goal and a powerful headed winner from Matty Parker on 80 minutes secured the 3-2 victory.

Gerard King and Jackson Ellis bagged Newton's consolations.

The improving Marshalls scuppered Mossley Hill Ath's chances of going third, thanks to a hard-earned 2-0 decision over their local rivals, with Adam Ali and Wade Maxwell on target.

West Kirby's chances of escaping relegation received a timely boost, courtesy of a 3-0 win against Rainhill Town, highlighted by a Liam Blundell double and a further contribution from Adam Chwalko.

Bottom club Mallaby were also in jubilant mood after winning for the first time since August and at the same time bringing Upton AA's five game winning sequence to an end. 

Skipper Danny Murphy's second half double clinched a welcome 2-0 win.

Division Two pacesetters Hale increased their lead at the top to six points when three goal hit-man George Long took the plaudits in the 4-0 success over West Kirby Res.

Kevin Dickson was the other marksman, while Adam Campbell was another hat trick star who shone, as Vauxhall Motors Res. won 4-2 at Prescot Cables Res.

A Sean Moscroft effort completed the statistics with Gary Purcell and Peter Kettle in reply for the hosts.

Saturday's Youth Division action saw Bootle Youth elevated to second place in the table after Cameron Grant (3), Max Barton, Aiden Noon and Will Quale found the net in the 6-2 triumph over Runcorn Linnets Youth who hit back through Dan Robinson and Luke Corley.

Elsewhere, Honours were shared after a goal from Maghull Town's Jamie Whittle was negated by an effort from West Kirby Youth's James Brown.