Two taken to hospital following chip pan fire at Wirral house

Two taken to hospital following chip pan fire at Wirral house

Two taken to hospital following chip pan fire at Wirral house

First published in News Wirral Globe: Photograph of the Author by , Chief Reporter

TWO people have been treated in hospital for smoke inhalation following a chip pan fire at a house in Wallasey this morning.

Fire crews from Birkenhead and Wallasey were called to a mid-terraced property in Springfield Place at around 5am.

The house had smoke alarms which alerted a neighbour who call the fire service.

The occupants, a 29-year-old woman and 26-year-old man, suffered slight smoke inhalation and were taken to Arrowe Park Hospital by Ambulance.

The chip pan and its contents and electric cooker were damaged by fire. There was light smoke damage to the rest of the property.

Comments (4)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

3:44pm Sun 15 Apr 12

red devil says...

At 5am??? Late dinner?
At 5am??? Late dinner? red devil
  • Score: 0

5:44pm Sun 15 Apr 12

Ivorromaleyn says...

No! Red devil It wasw a hungry sleep walker.
No! Red devil It wasw a hungry sleep walker. Ivorromaleyn
  • Score: 0

9:07pm Sun 15 Apr 12

Whitecap68 says...

Must admit that 5 am in the morning is a bit wierd / suspicious for a 'chip pan' fire!
Night worker maybe?
I must admit that I thought they went out with the 80's invention of electric fryers & oven chips as well!!

In any case, thankfully everyone got out and I just hope that something is learnt about how dangerous chip pans are and people remember the do's and don'ts about chip pan safety / 'first aid'.
Must admit that 5 am in the morning is a bit wierd / suspicious for a 'chip pan' fire! Night worker maybe? I must admit that I thought they went out with the 80's invention of electric fryers & oven chips as well!! In any case, thankfully everyone got out and I just hope that something is learnt about how dangerous chip pans are and people remember the do's and don'ts about chip pan safety / 'first aid'. Whitecap68
  • Score: 0

11:01pm Sun 15 Apr 12

Spiffy says...

Had this happen to me once and remembered those old infomercials from when I was a kid. Soaked a teatowel in cold water, wrung it out to just damp and threw it over the pan. Guess I was lucky !
Had this happen to me once and remembered those old infomercials from when I was a kid. Soaked a teatowel in cold water, wrung it out to just damp and threw it over the pan. Guess I was lucky ! Spiffy
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree