TWO people were taken to hospital following a tumble dryer fire in Thornton Hough.

Merseyside Fire and Rescue Service were called at around 6.15pm on Sunday, December 3 to reports of a fire at a commercial property on Neston Road.

Two fire engines attended the incident and firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used a CO2 extinguisher to put out the fire.

One person received oxygen from firefighters before two people were taken to hospital by paramedics for further checks.

Firefighters remained at the scene for around one hour.