A WIRRAL junior school has been closed today due to a suspected gas leak.
News that Overchurch Junior School, Upton closed was confirmed through Wirral Council’s Twitter account.
Engineers were on site this morning.
The council has confirmed that the leak that is believed to have started in the kitchen is now fixed and the school will be open tomorrow.
The town hall tweeted: “We understand that Overchurch Infants School is closed today due to a suspected gas leak. We’ll provide more information as we have it.”
This was then updated to: “Overchurch Junior School - not infants as previously stated - is closed today due to a gas leak in the kitchen area of the premises.
“Parents of affected pupils were notified by text alert not to bring their children to school today. The infants school is open as usual.
“Gas engineers were called and have fixed the leak. Some further works will take place today but school should open as normal tomorrow.”
Overchurch infant school is open as normal today.