WIRRAL homes were struck by lightning as flash thunderstorms hit the region.
Firefighters were called to two homes on Wirral at around 8.30pm on Monday after they were struck by bolts of lightning.
A house on Ruskin Avenue, in Wallasey, was the first to be struck, with firefighters arriving to find damage to carpets and electrical appliances.
Another house in Maybank Road, Birkenhead, was struck by lightning 20 minutes later, with a television aerial and electrical appliances damaged.
A lightning strike is also believed to have started a bungalow fire in Ellesmere Port.
Two fire engines were called to Belgrave Drive shortly after 9pm.
Firefighters removed roof tiles and used a large fan to clear smoke from the property.
There was no one inside at the time of the blaze.
Thundery showers are expected to return to Merseyside today, with the Met Office issuing a yellow warning for rain.
1. This picture, below, was taken by reader Kerry Patterson-Hall in Bromborough.
2. Below, reader Karen Lesage captured lightning striking Meols.
3. Gareth Sloan sent in this stunning image, below, of lightning hitting Leasowe.
4. Kevin Hughes captured this shot, below, of the Wirral storm.
5. Aaron Sloan snapped this incredible image, below, of lightning in Leasowe.
6. Reader Ruaraidh Gillies sent in this picture of the Wirral storm, below, via Twitter.
- Did you take photographs of last night’s thunder and lightning? Email them to email@example.com