Man taken to hospital following kitchen fire at Wirral home

Wirral Globe: Man taken to hospital following kitchen fire at Wirral home Man taken to hospital following kitchen fire at Wirral home

A MAN was treated for smoke inhalation in hospital following a kitchen fire at his Wirral home.

Firefighters were called to an address in Newdales Close, Birkenhead on Wednesday. The fire was out by the time they arrived.

There were no working smoke alarms on the ground floor of the property where the kitchen was located.

It is believed the fire was accidental, caused by a quantity of cotton clothing that continued to heat up after being dried in a tumble dryer.

Watch Manager Ian Mullen, who attended the scene, said: "This was a small fire in the kitchen of the property and we were called about an hour after the fire had taken place. There were no flames when we arrived at the property.

"Although these types of fires involving clothing are unusual smoke alarms can alert you to a fire in your home and give you the vital seconds you need to react and escape."

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree