HOYLAKE Lifeboat station has received a £3,000 funding boost in recognition of its commitment to community safety.
The donation, from Essar Oil UK’s Let's Give scheme, links safety milestones at the Stanlow Refinery with charitable giving.
The nomination, which recognised Stanlow achieving an impressive five million hours without accidents at work, was made by Dave Whiteley, central workshops valves co-ordinator, current Hoylake lifeboat Coxswain and a crew member since 1976.
Dave's son James is a maintenance technician at Stanlow and joined Hoylake lifeboat's crew in 2004.
There has been a lifeboat station in Hoylake since 1803, making it one of the oldest RNLI locations in the country.
The current boathouse was built following a two year appeal and opened in 2008 on the site of the old Hoylake outdoor baths.
The lifeboat, 'The Lady of Hilbre' is a 12m Mersey Class covering the approaches to Liverpool, the Dee Estuary and the Irish Sea and is designed to launch in any weather or tide states to help people in distress.
Weighing in at 14 tonnes, the vessel has top speed on 17 knots and range of 140 nautical miles.