Wirral man taken to hospital following bedroom fire

Wirral Globe: Wirral man taken to hospital following bedroom fire Wirral man taken to hospital following bedroom fire

A MAN was treated for smoke inhalation after a fire at a house in Birkenhead.

Merseyside Fire and Rescue Service was called to the address on Patten Street at 7.35pm on Wednesday, January 8, after reports of a blaze in the bedroom.

The fire was extinguished by 7.49pm, with a man taken to Arrowe Park Hospital where he was treated for smoke inhalation.

Station manager John Davies said: “Four firefighters entered the property and extinguished the fire in a bedroom. Firefighters requested an ambulance for a man and ventilated the property to clear the smoke.

“We advise people have working smoke alarms on each level of their home and they check they are in working order each week by pressing the test button. Remember, if you discover a fire, get out, stay out and call 999.”

Comments (0)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree