Man and woman taken to hospital following tumble dryer blaze

Wirral Globe: Two taken to hospital following fire involving faulty tumble dryer Two taken to hospital following fire involving faulty tumble dryer

A MAN and woman were taken to hospital after a fire involving a faulty tumble dryer.

Firefighters were called to a flat on Black Horse Hill, West Kirby at around 6pm on Monday.

A man and woman were taken to Arrowe Park Hospital for precautionary checks.

A tumble dryer, washing machine and two utility rooms were damaged by fire, which is believed to have been caused by a fault with the dryer.

Station manager Ged Sheridan said: "We advise people that if they discover a fire they close the doors to the room where the fire is – if at all possible – and they get out, stay out and call 999."

Smoke alarms were present and activated.

 

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree