Send us news by text, start your message Globe News and your send photos and videos to 80360
Firefighters tackle washing machine fire in Wirral flat
9:03am Thursday 3rd January 2013 in News
FIREFIGHTERS extinguished a fire involving a washing machine at a Wirral flat.
Merseyside Fire & Rescue Service was called to the address in Clifton Avenue, Eastham on Wednesday afternoon.
Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used a high pressure hose to extinguish the fire, which was extinguished by 4.05pm.
The flat was ventilated to clear it of smoke and a Home Fire Safety Check carried out.
Around half the washing machine was severely damaged by fire with the other half damaged by heat and smoke. Around 10% of the kitchen was moderately damaged by fire. There was also smoke damage to the flat.
A crew from Bromborough Fire Station attended the call-out.
Comments are closed on this article.