CALDY lost their latest RFU Championship game at Bedford Blues 27-14 but can feel aggrieved that they didn’t get the win after a great effort in the second half.

It was Bedford who made the better of the start and were two tries up within the opening 15 minutes through Dean Adamson after the ball was taken in the air and the Blues were able to run downhill to the line.

The second came shortly after when Joey Conway slid in after a great handling move across the field.

Caldy fought their way back into it moments later when Matt Killcourse ran in to score after a successful lineout and passing move with Lewis Barker adding the extras.

Bedford hit back almost immediately scoring their third try of the afternoon when Matt Worsley went over after a great offload saw the end to a great flowing move under the posts.

Caldy scored just before half time coming off the maul which helped power the ball over with Matt Gallagher getting the final touch.

With only a five point deficit at half time and the advantage of the slope in the second half Caldy came out positively and their play deserved a try in the opening minutes but Bedford were strong in their defence.

Each time Caldy got close to the line Bedford pushed back with their powerful pack. It was testament to Caldy's superior play that the home side were reduced to a single three point penalty in the opening quarter of the second half.

Caldy continued to press and were unable to break through and were undone by a handling error in the final minute of the game when Dean Adamson was given the length of Goldington Road to score against the run of play.

After the match, Head Coach Matt Cairns commented “The score line is not a true reflection on the game. At half time I thought we had a real chance but I don’t think we took our chances in the second half. We felt we were the better team today and didn’t put Bedford away as we should”.

The Championship takes a break again for Easter. Caldy's next match is against Ampthill at home on Saturday, April 6.