VAUXHALL Motors pushed away from the relegation zone with a 3-1 victory at home to Stalybridge Celtic on Saturday afternoon.

Danny Holmes made a couple of changes to his side, from the one that started in the defeat to Clitheroe and forward Bisensio Kamilo did a good job in staking his claim for more starts, returning back from a lengthy injury to net two goals.

The visitors levelled the tie up before the break with a great strike from Aaron Dwyer. However, the Motormen attacked with intent in the second half as defender Ben Dufton-Kelly tapped into an empty net to secure all three points.

Both sides made a strong start to the game as they looked to edge themselves in front. However, the defenders stood strong to put a stop to the opportunities that had risen.

Vauxhall were progressing well on the wing and the onrushing, unmarked Bisensio Kamilo met a cross sent in towards the back post after striker Jay Harvey had beat the Stalybridge ‘keeper, Luke Hewitson, to the ball.

Holmes’ side wasted no time in pushing for more and forward Bobbie McDonnell was close to doubling the lead as he saw his header flash narrowly wide, getting on to the end of a free kick from creative midfielder Jordan Deer.

The visitors' attacking momentum soon increased and Ben Dufton-Kelly was there to clear his lines when Aaron Dwyer had found his way into the box. However, there was no stopping the forward’s majestic 40 yard strike which rose higher than the outstretched hand of Jack Atkinson.

McDonnell aimed to restore Vauxhall’s lead before the break as his good trickery brought the ball into the box. However, his effort was tamely placed into the hands of Hewitson before striker Jay Harvey added to the side’s recently poor disciplinary record, with another dismissal.

It was evident that Holmes hammered home the need for three points at the break as Vauxhall continued to attack with intent. McDonnell broke through but wasted a great chance as he fired at the Celts keeper from inside the area.

Kamilo added to his earlier strike, with another header at the back post. George Nugent had held the ball up well before crossing the ball into the box, it was a great pass by Mitch Duggan, who had been dominating the midfield, to bring play forwards.

Atkinson made a few good saves as the minutes ticked away, his best coming when he tipped over an effort which seemed to be heading into the top corner.

The Motormen made it hard for the visitors to play, despite Stalybridge having a goal ruled out for offside, as they defended in numbers before securing all three points when Dufton-Kelly netted into an empty net as Celtic keeper Hewitson had raced forwards.

Vauxhall Motors are back in action on Tuesday night as they travel to struggling Hednesford Town.