BEN Jones converted the last kick of the game to secure a 33-33 draw for Caldy against London Scottish in a great advert for Championship rugby.

The game was fast paced and it was Caldy who started the better of the two sides, scoring in the opening minutes of the game, through a try from Tom Sanders after some persistence on the five metre line.

Scottish first points came through a penalty which gave the home side the belief to take the game to Caldy and extended their lead through a try from Ioan Rhys Davies.

Dan Nutton scored a second for Scottish five minutes later after good play up the field opened up the space and the lead was extended.

Three minutes later Matt Gallagher went over for Caldy's second of the game.

After a number of penalties for both sides, Scottish kicked to the corner and from the resulting lineout, Harry Sheppard was able to scramble the ball over the line.

On the stroke of half time, Caldy managed to work the ball up the field and the ball got to Joe Sproston, who went over, to bring Caldy within five points at half time.

Into the second half and Scottish extended their lead in the opening minutes with two penalties as the game started to get tighter, but with Caldy having the better of the play, which allowed Mike Barlow in to score the Bonus point try on the hour mark.

Caldy had control of the game from that moment onwards only allowing Scottish to score a single penalty for the rest of the game.

The home side's defence held strong and repelled a number of good Caldy moves although the Wirral side were unable to break them down.

With the clock in overtime, Caldy won a scrum on the Scottish five metre line and the ball was able to be driven over the line by Ollie Hearn giving Jones the opportunity to tie the match.

After the match, Director of Rugby, Gareth Davies, thanked the large contingent of supporters who made the trip down to the capital and said he hopes to see them against Cornish Pirates again next Saturday.

Caldy's next match is at home as Cornish Pirates make the long trip to the Wirral. Supporters are reminded that the game will kick off at 3pm.