A RESILIANT Vauxhall Motors narrowly beat Witton Albion 2-1 away from home on Saturday afternoon.

Danny Holmes’ side were made to fight after two goals from Craig Curran put his side into a comfortable position at the break. 

Midfielder, Sean Moscrop, was dismissed as he tackled the host's last man early into the second half but a succession of great saves from Ally Hughes ensured that all three points were sent back to Ellesmere Port. 

Vauxhall looked to create danger early on by hitting the ball powerfully up the pitch. However, it was the hosts who fired the first shot as Elliot Rokka tried his luck from distance when he saw Motors keeper Hughes off his line. 

It had been a slow start by Witton but they grew into the game following on from Rokka’s effort, finding a lot of space in and around the visitors box and Hughes was soon called into action to claw away a goal bound strike. 

Holmes made the first change of the afternoon as the injured centre half Lewis Willingham was replaced by full-back Ethan Gouldbourne. 

Vauxhall were unable to keep control of the ball and became sloppy defensively, giving away a few free kicks in good shooting range. Rokka curled wide from outside the box on the half hour mark. 

The first real chance for Holmes’ men came soon after as a corner fell brilliantly to defender Adam Hughes who hit the ball straight at hosts keeper Ollie Martin. 

However, the brilliant Bisensio Kamilo soon created two golden opportunities for striker Curran to put the visitors two up before the break. 

First, the recently signed winger saw his effort parried out to Curran who was in great space to score his first for the club in the 40th minute.

Five minutes later, Kamilo closed down a clearance, forcing the ball into the striker's path before he produced a lovely, composed finish into the bottom corner. 

Vauxhall midfielder Ben Holmes came on for the injured Bobby Beaumont at the break as Moscrop slotted into the right back position. 

Witton would score one minute before the 90, as Connor Hughes found himself unmarked at the back post. 

However, Vauxhall were able to hold onto their winning position to continue their good run of form. It is three wins in four now for Holmes’ side. 

Vauxhall are back in action on Boxing Day as they host Widnes.