CALDY secured a fourth consecutive Championship victory by beating Bedford Blues in a high quality match at Paton Field on Saturday.

In a match against two of the in-form sides in the League it was Caldy who scored first after five minutes when at a lineout the ball was driven close to the try line allowing Chris Pilgrim to score under the posts.

Bedford hit back almost immediately after Pilgrim was sent to the sin bin for obstruction. Bedford were successful from the lineout on the five metre line which saw Sean French find a gap to go over.

Caldy kept pressing for the second try and were rewarded after 16 minutes after great work from the forwards allowed a gap to open up and the inform Louis Beer was able to sneak through to score.

With Caldy on the front foot a third try came six minutes later when Adam Aigbokhe broke clear following a successful lineout, to the delight of those on the bank.

Caldy looked as though they would take the bonus point before the half time break but it was the visitors who took advantage after stealing the ball from the lineout, Bedford full back Joey Conway made a fantastic run to score in the corner.

Into the second half and with the visitors having the momentum they were able to level the match moments after the restart through a try from Will Maisey and you could feel the tension from the home fans on the bank that the game could be running away from Caldy.

With Bedford having the best of the game they took the lead after 45 minutes when Sean French slid in for his second of the afternoon and secured the visitors a try bonus point.

Caldy came back into the game but were unable to get to the final ball, until the 64th minutes when Elliot

Gourlay was able to sprint through to score to make it an interesting final quarter hour.

With Bedford looking to run down the clock they took their eye off the ball with just two minutes remaining allowing Dan Bibby to go over in the corner.

There was still time remaining for Nick Royle to score in the corner after a great interception from Joe Murray to the delight of the home supporters.

Caldy have moved up one place to 7th and travel to Jersey Reds in their next league match on 4th March.

The Championship league takes a break for February and Caldy will now play the final three matches in group C of the Championship Cup, the first of the matches is away at Ampthill on Saturday 4th February.