Caldy 52 - Taunton Titans 31

DESPITE the glorious weather it rained tries as Caldy extended their advantage at the top of National 1 with a 13th win in a row.

Caldy showed their intent early on, scoring two tries in the opening 10 minutes from Martin Gerrard and Ollie Hearn.

Mid-table Taunton showed that they are a force at level three hitting back with a try of their own after 12 minutes through Chapman, only for Caldy to restore their advantage through Mike Cartmill.

The visitors were awarded a penalty try three minutes before the half time whistle only for Caldy to claim the bonus point on the stroke of half-time when a quickly taken penalty saw Captain JJ Dickinson fool the defence to slide in.

At the start of the second period the visitors came out fighting and were rewarded on 46 minutes, when Mercer made a clever kick in midfield allowing Connor Banks to crash over to bring Taunton within two points.

That was the incentive that Caldy needed when great play from Mike Barlow allowed Ollie Hearn to go over to extend the advantage just two minutes later.

The final quarter of the game was another try fest with the first coming from the visitors, Banks' second try of the afternoon, giving Taunton a deserved try bonus point.

Taunton looked like they were up for the fight but their hopes were dashed when Captain JJ Dickinson took the ball from the base of the scrum and beat two players to score the try of the afternoon.

The scoring wasn't over in the last 10 minutes with Caldy scoring two further tries through Dave Jones and one of the players of the season Ezra Hinchcliffe on the stroke of the full time whistle.

Many of the Ravers supporters will be looking to scramble on to trains next Saturday to add their support in next week's top of the league clash.

Next week Caldy travel to London to face second place Rosslyn Park in what will be a crucial game in deciding the destination of the National 1 title.

The Priory Lane team lost their local Derby at Blackheath 31-24 on Saturday.