Wirral District Football Association Premier Cup holders Queens Park FC booked their place in to the semi finals yet again after defeating Hope Farm 2-1.

Ben Kerr and player/manager Danny Brookes were the marksmen. Queens Park have already lifted the trophy 14 times.

They will be joined in the semi final draw by arch rivals and six-time winners Dock AFC, who saw off a strong challenge from local league rivals Neston Nomads 3-2.

On the mark for Dock were Ryan Smith, Matty Carlin and super sub Steve Forbes.

Completing an all Houlihan’s Birkenhead Sunday Association Football League semi finals are Rock Ferry Social (Adam Sabu Smith, Jack Brown) who defeated last season’s semi finalists Beechwood FC 4-3 on penalties, after finishing the normal playing time at 2-2.

Rock Ferry Social were on the receiving end last week by the exact same score including penalties. The fourth team, Woodchurch Hotel, won their game last week.

Alan Bull, Leon Clarke and Jordan Dilworth all found the back of the net for Corsair FC in The Cheshire County Football Association Sunday Challenge Cup after demolishing FC Mitchell Construction in a round two tie 3-0.

There were mixed fortunes in the Wirral District Football Association Sunday Amateur Cup. One club from the league progressed the previous weekend in Poulton Victoria Sports & Social and they will be in the hat with Wellington FC, who had a tough game with local league rivals and one division higher Woodchurch Rovers.

But Wellington certainly had their shooting boots on and romped to a 7-0 win with seven different scorers - Archie Manger, Kieran Harris, Matty O’Shea, Ellis Byrne, Ben Dufton-Kelly, Cory Blaylock and Noah Lawrenson.

On the downside, last season’s new kids on the block, New Ferry Rangers, who got to the Wirral Premier Cup final, dipped out in a quarter final tie with Sheridans 0-4 and no place either in the semi final draw for Glenavon Athletic who were well beaten by Vauxhall Motors Vets 8-2.

Domestic cup action in the The David Tacy Cup saw Lions FC (O.G., Paul Ryan, Dave McElroy) out-gun Eagle Stirrup FC 3-1.

Elliot Miller and Ross Grimes notched the important goals for AFC Shaftes to knock the shine off Silva Athletic FC (Martin Whalley) 2-1.

Barkers Armchair FC (Luis Brown, Richie Brown) accounted for Wirral Athletic (Joe Roberts) 2-1. The remaining three scheduled ties produced 37 goals.

Bushell Grange Athletic had two hat-trick heroes in Ben Glover and Ryan Clarke with further strikes from Ethan Mort 2, Ben Evans, Farris Baker and Liam Atherton over AFC Rangers 11-0.

Also through to the last 16 are Rockpoint FC who hit unlucky Parkgate St Germain for 13. On the scoresheet for Rockpoint were Kyle Bennett 4, Stu Hardman 3, Jamie Payne 3, Liam Whelan, Billy New and Dale Atherton.

Another 13 goal game saw Wirral Radio FC (Matt Lydiate 3, Ash McCoy 2, Jack Gibson, Tom Williams, Tom Boulton, Matt Walker) bagging nine and conceding four to West Kirby United (Finlay Austin 3, Jack Safadi).

AFC Tima (Phil Bibby, Ryan Innes) played hosts to Whitby Rangers in The Division Three Cup more commonly known as The Jimmy Core Cup. With the game finishing all square after normal regulatory time 2-2, it was division leaders Whitby who progressed to the last eight after a 4-2 win on penalties.

League Action saw FC Bidston (Alan Goodhall 2, Mark McNoon, Paul Wallace) earn their first maximum points haul with a 4-2 success over Glenavon Lancelyn and are now unbeaten in their last three league and cup games to leapfrog their opponents in the Premier Division.

JPL Jets registered a 2-0 win at MSC Eastham to stay on the heels of Division Two leaders Rockpoint thanks to efforts from Liam McCrellis and Callum Lavelle, while Victoria Colts took a share the points with Barcode FC 0-0.

One of the favourites for promotion from Division Three saw AFC Park North (Matty Higgins, Tyler Grattan) post a narrow 2-1 result at AFC Raeburn to maintain second spot.