Action from the Wirral District FA Amateur cup saw Sheridans FC sail through to the semi-finals after sinking New Ferry Rangers 4-0 in a great team performance.

Mike Dobbs, Jack Brookes, Connor Bagley and Sean Burgess claimed the goals.

The only game in the Mike O’Sullivan Garages First Division saw PLCCFC take the points in a 2-0 success that came from an own goal in the first minute and a back post effort after 20 minutes from Oliver Costello.

Shore Villa Athletic triumphed over Trident in the Second Division cup 1st round when winning a penalty shoot-out 3-2, after the game finished 1-1 on 90 minutes.

The lone scorer for Trident was Jacob Cotgrave with George McLean bagging the reply.

One O’clock Gun moved into fourth place in the Moreton Alarms Supplies Second Division as they eased home 5-1 versus Oxton Celtic thanks to Ricky Neill netting a treble and Nathan Jordan and Wayne Gibbons bagging a goal each to stay well placed in the promotion race.

A solitary goal from Harry Brassey was enough for Ellesmere Port Red Lions to prevent Shore Villa from going top of the pile as they won 1-0.

Capitol Cup 1st round action saw plenty of goals as Eastham Rangers disposed of Wallasey Wolves 8-2 to record their best success so far this season.

On target were Jordan Crowder (3), Kieran Hodgson (2), Callum Crowder, Warren Jones and Matthew Hodgson and hitting the replies were Sean Galloway and Greg Williams.

Wirral Globe: NW Harriers v Wallasey Wanderers. Photo: Bob ShawNW Harriers v Wallasey Wanderers. Photo: Bob Shaw

Wallasey Wanderers ran past North West Harriers with a 5-1 success in which Macauley Lathom fired a hat-trick and both Jason Jackson and John Gale netted singles, with Connor Reeves claiming the consolation.

JASGA FC forfeited a two-goal lead provided by Paul Howell and Anthony Gibbons as they drew 2-2 with Vineyard who replied through Ben Hawitt and Danny Kendal, but JASGA took the tie with a 3-2 verdict in the penalty shoot-out.

Goals from Jack Marshall and Jack Cureton were not enough for Park Royal as they were eliminated by Primrose FC in a 3-2 defeat. Scoring for Primrose were Declan Kinnear, Adam Walker and Dean Scott.

Best wishes go to both Trident and One O’Clock Gun who will battle it out for a semi-final place in the Wirral District FA Junior Cup next week at Wallacre Park.