Two times past champions, Ashville, took over at the top of the West Cheshire League's Division One, following Saturday's 3-1 result over Marshalls.

Efforts from Josh Maldon, Corey Scarisbrick and consistent marksman Tommy Johnstone shared the goals as the Wallasey challengers pulled two points clear of the chasing pack.

Despite efforts from John Britton and Steve Rowland, second placed Capenhurst Villa forfeited ground when they capitulated 4-2 at home to Maghull, who celebrated the win with goals from Sam Lawrenson, Andrew Dawber, Jordan Holmes and Connor Rankin.

Vauxhall Motors Res. were undone by a lone strike from Rainhill Town's Edddie Hawthorne, while Aintree Villa's clash with Heswall resulted in a 0-0 stalemate.

Josh Clayton was on the mark for Ellesmere Port Town but it was visitors, Mossley Hill Ath.,who profited - Paul Pearson, Nathan Peet, Caleb Jones, Callum Smith and Louis Johnson finding the net in a 5-1 triumph.

Saturday's Division Two action saw leaders, Marine U23s score through Darren Brannigan and Joe Levey, but hosts South Liverpool Res. secured a point, thanks to a smart double from Bobby Murphy.

Claughton Village outfit, Mallaby, romped home 6-0 at Rainhill Town Res. inspired by doubles from Paul Ellison and Ben Kearney. Further efforts from Ellis Byrne and Tom Black completed the statistics. Poulton Vics were second best on the day against third placed Litherland Remyca Res., who secured a 3-0 victory.

In Division Three, Poulton Vics Res. suffered the same fate as their first team when Ellesmere Port Town Res. emerged 3-0 victors, after efforts from Joe Humphries, Ross Cooper, and Jamie Burns underpinned a 3-0 win.

Youth Division leaders, Vauxhall Motors, were given a fright by bottom club Maghull but scraped a 4-3 result, with goals from Mike Stamper, Sam Stott, Billy Magee and Sam Griffiths and opened up a four point gap at the top.

Nearest rivals, Victoria Colts, scored through Rocco Ceraolo but went down 3-1 to efforts from Runcorn Linnets' Mike Martin (2) and Adam Moseley.

Unbeaten Division One title contenders, Mersey Royal breezed into the Pyke Cup second round after goals from Adam Smith (2), Lewy Willingham, Liam Discoll, Jack Davies and Ryan Coles sparked a 7-0 rout of Prescot Cables Res.

Following the untimely resignation of Redgate Rovers, Bootle St.Edmunds were given a bye into the last eight, where they will face Mersey Royal.

Following two successive heavy defeats, West Kirby bounced back and progressed to the Haworth & Gallagher Bowl 2nd round, thanks to a Kyle Bennet penalty and an effort from Josh Wright which clinched a 2-1 result over Ashville Res. who hit back via Jamie Woods.

Fellow Division Two ouitfit, Helsby, made light work of their Runcorn & District FA Cup 1st round tussle with Runcorn Albion, and inspired by a Sonny Dean double, posted a 7-0 victory.

Further efforts from Jamie Hayes, Lee Guirado, Jordan Dwyer, Connor Lindsay and Jordan Cunningham completed the scoreline.

On the minus side, Division Three outfit, Runcorn Sports Res., lost out 9-8 on penalties, following a 3-3 finish with Grappenhall Sports.

Tom McDonald, Jordan Carroll and Steve McLeod obliged for Runcorn during normal time.

Congratulations to Maghull Res., who progressed to the Liverpool FA Junior Cup 3rd round after Jay Winson, Joe Tynan, Isaac Jones and Steve Kelly found the net in a 4-1 success at Moorfield, and well done also to Chester Nomads Res., who eclipsed Helsby Res. 3-0, with efforts from Sandro Maletta (2) and Mike Jeffs and secured their passage to the Chester FA Challenge Cup 3rd round.