There was no change in the West Cheshire League's Division One title race, with leaders Mersey Royal still a point in credit, despite losing their first league points of the season.

Jordan Deer was Royal's marksman but Ashville's Mike Reynolds was on target for the hosts, in a 1-1 stalemate.

Along with Mersey Royal, second-placed challengers, Bootle St.Edmunds, are also unbeaten but spurned the chance to take top spot, after efforts from Mark Madden and Lewis O'Reilly were negated by replies from third-placed Capenhurst Villa's Rowan Whelan and Kirk McMurray.

At the other end of the table, it was celebration time at last for Ellesmere Port Town who recorded their first win of the season. Abou Sansary (2), Tom Killilea and Luis Davin obliged in Saturday's 4-1 eclipse of Prescot Cables Res.

Danny Dixon and Shay Roberts bagged a goal apiece as Heswall returned to form with a 2-0 result at Maghull but Vauxhall Motors Res. slumped to a 4-0 defeat at the hands of Mossley Hill Ath.

Newton's 2-1 decision over Rainhill Town was confirmed by goals from Leighton Smith and Jackson Ellis. Chester Nomads were too good on the day and posted a 6-1 win over Aintree Villa with Brandon Dickinson (3), Louis Moss, Ben Coward and Jon Lee on the mark.

In Division Two, Josh Wright netted both goals for West Kirby, but it was another dismal day for the Marine Park outfit, who capitulated 10-2 at current leaders, Marine U23s and have now shipped nineteen goals in their last two games.

Hat-tricks from Junior Siyakholwa and Darren Brannigan were supplemented by further efforts from Kyle Campbell, Joel Stringer Joe Williams and Alex Norhover, as the leaders went five points clear at the top.

At the Wirral Tennis Centre, respective scorers in Mallaby's hard fought 2-2 draw with second placed Helsby, were Danny McLoughlin, Ben Kearney, Lee Turkington and Sonny Dean.

90 minutes failed to produce a goal between Poulton Vics. and Marshalls Res., but goals were in abundance, after Ashville Res., with efforts from Louis White, Louis Braeger and an own goal, finished 3-3 with Litherland Remyca Res., who had James Alty (2) and James Hughes in reply.

Unbeaten South Wirral outfit, Sutton Ath.,with goals from Joseph Cotton (2), Shaun Weaver, Nick Lynch, Joe Whittle and Matty Hall romped home 6-0 at local rivals Willaston, and stayed six points ahead of the chasing pack in Division Three.

Nearest rivals, Poulton Royal, remained firmly in the promotion equation, after efforts from Tommy Carroll (2) and Ryan Slater clinched a 3-1 result over Capenhurst Villa Res. who hit back via Ben Marray, while Chester Nomads Res. were indebted to goals from Tom Taylor and George McCormick for their 2-0 success at Heswall Res.

Elsewhere, a goal from Groves' Jack Tidd was cancelled out by a reply from Poulton Vics Res.' Steve Abbott.

In the Youth Division, Victoria Colts moved to within a point of current leaders, Vauxhall Motors, after they won 4-3 against City of Liverpool Partisans, thanks to efforts from Charlie Harland (2), Toby Ward and Rocco Ceraolo.

Liam Patton (2) and William Harrison were the visitors' scorers. A smart double from Asher Ankrah and an effort from Cai Jones sufficed, as Mossley Hill won 3-0 at Runcorn Linnets.

Congratulations to Division Two side, Rainford Utd., who progressed to the LCFA Challenge Cup third round. Eddie Carney netted in a game against Haydock which finished 1-1 before Rainford secured their passage 4-2 on penalties.

The West Cheshire had mixed fortunes in the LCFA Junior Cup second round. Efforts from Eddie McGreevy (4), James McDade (2), Kevin Wilson (2), Josh Toal. Jack Devenny, Lewis Donnelly, and Eamon Kelly anchored Mersey Harps to a 12-0 decision over Sacre Coer.

Alfie Cunningham (3) and Curtis Cunnins made the scoresheet as South Liverpool IIIs emerged 4-1 victors at FC Tale, but it was the end of the line for Aintree Villa Res., Mossley Hill Ath. Res., Bootle Res., and Rainhill Town Res., who were eliminated by ACOL, Avon Villa, Old Cathinians and BRNESC Res. respectively.