Dock AFC eased through to the third round of Cheshire County Football Association Sunday Challenge Cup after disposing of Gatley Road 6-2.

Amongst the scorers were Ryan Smith and Sam Hunt with a brace each and a Jack Kelly effort.

Dock were the last official holders of the cup back in 2018/19 season and are aiming for a third time success.

They will be joined in the hat by Neston Nomads who had another brilliant away day, this time winning 3-1 at Stockport Dynamoes Juniors, thanks to strikes from Richie Foulkes, Luke Blondel and Reece Kerr. It was an outstanding performance from the whole squad.

Also through to the last 16 are Bromborough Rake, who claimed their spot after a 2-1 decision at Cooper Buckley.

Rock Ferry Social just about scraped through after a 0-0 stalemate to win 5-4 on penalties over George and Dragon. Other clubs from The Houlihan’s Birkenhead Sunday Association Football League have yet to play their second round ties for various reasons and if things all go well, the league may have seven clubs into the Quarter-finals in a very prestigious competition.

The Lukes from Division One were the only team to dip out after going down 2-1 to Hope Farm.

As a result of the local authority deciding their pitches were unplayable earlier in the week, only four domestic games were able to take place on Private grounds.

Woodchurch Hotel romped home 8-0 against Poulton Vics S&S in the Tony Houlihan Memorial Challenge Cup and bagging all the goals were Josh Dures, Keith Lewis, Andy Simpson, braces for Josh Sheridan and Ben Holmes, with Jordan Deer also on the scoresheet in a Round Two tie over Poulton Victoria Sports and Social.

One game in the Premier Division saw FC Bidston earn their first point of the season thanks to a Thomas Murray strike at Queens Park (Liam Owen) in a 1-1 draw.

Lions FC gained their first points of the season thanks to a brace from Steve Dutton - that also included a penalty - in a 2-1 local derby victory over AFC Shaftes,who replied via Elliot Miller.

In a mid-table clash it finished with honours even at 1-1 between Neston United (Ross Meadows) and Woodchurch Rovers (Danny Chamely).