The LUKES consolidated their position at the top of Division One in a hard fought 3-1 win over Upton Town.

It was one of only four games played on Sunday in the Birkenhead Sunday Association Football League due to the knock on effect of Covid-19.

All council changing facilities are not yet available. The league does not expect players and referees to get changed on the touchline in heavy rain. Allied with safeguarding and a duty of care, the league had no option other than postpone matches on local authority pitches.

A brace from Ben Crossley and a Ben Kearney strike did the all important damage for Lukes with Liam Sundve replying for Upton Town. Lukes will be taking a break from league action as they and many other clubs alike have four different cup competitions scheduled during November and with at least one that could change, the Rock Ferry outfit are now three points clear of their nearest rivals Bushell Grange Athletic, with a superior goal difference.

Rockpoint are still in pole position in Division Two, after finding the back of the net six times for the second week running. Liam Whelan led the way with a double and further efforts from Ant Gardner, Kyle Bennett, Cameron Lea allied with an own goal in a 6-1 victory over Glenavon Athletic (Alex Weston).

Rockpoint are still the only team with a 100% record in league action.

Free scoring Wellington, who produced plenty of tricks and treats, moved into second spot after a comfortable 5-1 away victory at MSC Eastham.

The goal-getters for Wellington were Lewis Gouldson, who bagged a pair, supplemented by singles from Ben Duffton-Kelly, Cory Blaylock and Archie Manger.

Wellington have a game in hand on leaders Rockpoint but have dropped points earlier in the season with two draws to close rivals JPL Jets and New Ferry Rangers and remain unbeaten in both league and cups.

Just one game from the Premier Division took place, involving league stalwarts Queens Park, who took revenge on Corsair FC with a tremendous 3-0 success at Vauxhall FC on the 3G pitch.

Queens took an early lead from Harvey Sample after seven minutes after beating his marker.

Corsair were slowly building their confidence up and matching Queens and could of easily gone 2-1 ahead early in the second half with two good headed chances.

One went over the bar and the second chance from Alan Bull was saved brilliantly by Queens 'keeper Ciaran O’Loughlin.

Queens then scored their second via Jordon Martin from with an assist from Tom Black on the 70th minute mark

Corsair went down to 10 men and with five minutes remaining, Black played in Peter Shelley to put the game beyond doubt.