Woodchurch Hotel, who are riding high in the Birkenhead Sunday League Premier Division, registered a superb 6-0 romp in the WDFA Sunday Premier Cup 2nd round tie over high-flying Wallasey side JASFA FC.

Finding their shooting boots for Woodchurch Hotel were Keith Lewis, Ross Rule, Danny McLaughlin, Josh Dures, Paul Casey and Jordan Deer.

Dock AFC also hit six, demolishing FC Mitchell Construction, with Haydn Cooper notching a brace and singles from Adam Lea, Sam Hunt, Cameron McGregor and Perrie Black doing the damage.

Cup holders Queens Park (Liam Owen, Harvey Sample) put their name in the hat for the next round after beating fellow league rivals Bromborough Rake 2-0.

Rock Ferry Social also made it into Round 3 after a tough home tie, narrowly defeating Bushel Grange Athletic 1-0 thanks to Mark Connolly bagging the all-important goal.

Neston Nomads are through to the quarter finals as well, with a comfortable high scoring 7-3 victory over fellow Premier Division rivals FC Bidston (Liam Casey 2, Vinnie O’Toole).

Among the marksmen for Nomads were Adam Watson, Richie Foulkes, Luke Blondel, Jamie Gardiner and Ollie Dutton. The sixth team from the Birkenhead Sunday League to make it into the last eight is Beechwood Social Club (Mitch Duggan, Tom Quinn) after inflicting a 2-1 loss on Great Float Sports & Social FC.

The league are guaranteed a seventh club as Rivacre knocked out Lancelyn Glenavon 2-0 in a first round tie and are set to met Corsair in a round two tussle next Sunday.

It was not the same success in WDFA Sunday Amateur Cup, as Glenavon Athletic (Mike Roberts, Dan Nettleton, Tom Foran) denied Barcode FC (Ben Noble) a place in the hat with a 3-1 result.

They will be joined in the last eight by New ferry Rangers, who had John-Paul Leasor on target with the solitary goal at hosts Liscard Panthers. Wellington FC called the tune, romping to a 9-0 win over fellow league rivals Wirral Radio.

Victoria Colts dipped out with a 4-3 reversal to Vale Athletic while Lions FC (Ameel Al Gamri) were ditched 6-1 by Vauxhall Vets.

The Lukes moved back on top of Division One after a comfortable 4-1 success over Woodchurch Rovers (Daryl Hellon). On the mark for the Rock Ferry side were Ben Crossley with a brace, a single from Ben Kearney plus an own goa. 

Telegraph FC claimed only their second maximum points haul with a 5-1 result over Upton Town. Finding the net for Telegraph were Scott Wright, Jacob Wedderburn (2), Tom Price and Hatim Altamal.

Strikes from Carl Griffiths and Jack Farrel gave Eagle Stirrup FC their first points of the season in Division Two after a 2-1 win over Saughall FC in a local derby. Replying for Saughall was Ben Noble. 

Gary O’Toole scored the only goal of the game against Silva Athletic for MSC Eastham and join Rockpoint at the helm.

Action from Division Three saw Matthew Vickers bagging a five goal haul for Whitby Rangers and he was supported by efforts from Gabrial Kwateng with a double and Ben Wright single, as Rangers went on the rampage to crush AFC Rangers (Mike Jones) 8-1. 

AFC Tima (Jack Grimes, Mike Redgrift) suffered from the Sunday morning blues with a home defeat 2-5 to AFC Park North, who take pole position, thanks to Declan Wray with a hatrick and further strikes from Billy Rainbow and Leighton Clarke. 

Division leaders Oval FC (Rob Blackwell, John Skipsey) scored a double bogey by suffering a heavy 8-2 surprise loss to West Kirby United, who had only one point in the bag prior to the match.

On the scoresheet for West Kirby were Ethan Cartwright (2), Adam Cureton, Callam Scott, Harvey Dean and Luke Austin. 

Last season's basement club Wirral Athletic ran out 4-2 winners with an impressive performance at strongly fancied Old Parks FC (Karlin Fleckner Callum Rintoul). Celebrating for Wirral Athletic were Harry Huggins with a pair and singles from both Joe Roberts and Jamie Galloway. 

Barkers Armchair (Louis Brown, Darren Sutton) were able to put their feet up after inflicting a 2-1 result on AFC Raeburn (Leagh Conwell). 

Wallasey Village FC and Parkgate St Germain (John Gibson) traded goals and points 1-1.