Mike Redgrift, Phil Bibby and Ussumane Jalo were on the mark for the Birkenhead Sunday League’s AFC Tima in a 3-0 win against Primrose FC in the Wirral DFA Sunday Junior Cup first round.

Also through to the next round are AFC Raeburn who knocked out Neston Nomads U18s. Finding the net were Danny James with a hat-trick and a Bedel Zan-Bi double.

They will be joined in the hat for round two with AFC Park North who had a comfortable 8-0 win at Shore Villa Athletic, thanks to a treble from Billy Rainbow, a brace a-piece from Declan Wray and Ben Morris with Tyler Smith also adding his name on the scoresheet.

Parkgate St Germain romped home to a 10-0 win at the expense of Bromborough Athletic, also in the last 16 are North Wirral Saints who disposed of Ellesmere Port Red Lions 6-1 (Mike Westcott 2, Matty Pagdin 2, Sam Dangerfield, Tom Fleming).

West Kirby United are the final team through after accounting for AC Innovent 7-2. The only negative result saw AFC Rangers (Chris Caress, Mark fitzpatrick) lose to North West Harriers 7-6 on penalties after the game finished 2-2.

Game of the day was in division one, where The Lukes FC came from a 0-1 deficit to inflict a first league defeat on Bromborough Rake FC.

Kie Hughes struck for The Rake after only two minutes and they almost doubled their lead when they hit the post, but The Lukes FC hit back through a Wil Bulpin penalty after 30 mins and as the game was approaching the midway point in the second half, Ellis Jones got the all important winner with a 25-yard free kick.

The Lukes now are three points behind Bromborough with a game in hand.

AFC Shaftes registered a fine 4-1 success at Neston United (Rob Marrs). On the mark for Shaftes were Liam Massey Bowen, Ross Grimes and pair for Eddie Jebb, moving the Birkenhead club into a comfortable mid table position.

Bushell Grange Athletic (Tom Quinn, Farris Baker) hold onto second spot after a narrow 2-1 victory at Upton Town, who's reply came from Liam Sundve.

Woodchurch Rovers (Dan Chamney, Daryl Hellon) took maximum points at Lions FC (Ameel Al Gamri) and are hoping for a high place finish next April.

Telegraph FC notched their first league win of the season against Wirral Radio (Jack Gibson), finding the net for the Wallasey based team were Carl Hadden, Dan Gree with a hat-trick and further efforts from Hatim Altamal & Tom Price.

An Adam Lea hat-trick and a Jack Kelly strike steered Dock AFC to a fifth consecutive win in The Premier Division, who stay top on goal difference.

On the receiving end of a 4-2 result this week were Neston Nomads (Richie Foulkes, Mikey Dixon).

Second-placed Rock Ferry Social sunk Rivacre (Jamie Eaton) 2-1 thanks to a double from Charlie Maccines.

Corsair FC, who were late additions to the Premier Division during the close season, are holding their own very well as they also recorded a 2-1 win and the victims were Great Float Sports S&S.

Woodchurch Hotel FC (Ben Holmes, Jordan Deer, Josh Sheridan) inflicted a superb 3-1 defeat on Queens Park (Levi Chiduka), while Beechwood FC went goal crazy posting a 10-2 score over FC Bidston (Dega Taylor, Alan Goodhall). Rob Cull and Jack McGrotty both bagged four goals each with singles from Owen McMahon and Mitchell Duggan.

Rockpoint FC kept their 100% record in Division Two with a splendid 6-1 win over Barcode FC (Paul Johnston). A fine treble from Liam Whelan was supplemented by further strikes from Karl Smith, Stu Hardman and Dave Bowe.

JPL Jets (Carl Hamm, Liam McCrellis, Shea Edge, Danny Williams, Callum Lavell) stay in second place after a resounding 5-1 win over Eagle Stirrup FC.

MSC Eastham had Brandon Thomas to thank with the only goal of the game in their newly-found form (after a slow start to the season) against Prenton FC.

New Ferry Rangers (Adan Larway, Nathan Crabtree) shared the spoils 2-2 with Wellington FC (Ben Duffton-Kelly, Joe Kelly) to hold their respective places in the division.

Saughall FC (Ben Noble 3, Craig Johnson 2, Tom Ashcroft 2, Andy Noonan 2, Joe Unsworth, Luke Jones) - on their return to the league - have had a mixed start to the season, but went goal crazy after romping home 11-1 over Silva Athletic (Dylan Gill).

Victoria Colts (Gaz Dickenson, Josh Ross, Owen Hughes) registered their first points of the season 3-2 at Glenavon Athletic (Kieran France, Mike Roberts).

Due to The Wirral District Football Association Sunday Junior Cup taking centre stage, only three games were possible in Division Three.

Oval FC (John Skipsey 2, Kane Wilson, Matthew Vaggers, Matthew Gardner) moved into second place after a 5-3 high scoring game with Wallasey Village.

Old Parks FC (Sammy Watkins, Sean Hellon, James Kirkham) accounted for Whitby Rangers (Sam Cooper Jack Gillard) 3-2, while Barkers Archair FC (Darren Sutton, Mike Searson) traded goals and points with Wirral Athletic (Harry Huggins, Dylan Palmer) in a 2-2 draw.