Telegraph FC posted a superb 4-2 result in their Wirral District Football Association Sunday Amateur Cup round one tie, after disposing off cup holders Upton Town.

Finding the back of the net for Telegraph FC were Carl Hadden, Dave Favager and a double from Tom Price, with Danny Andrews and Liam Healy responding for Upton.

FC Telegraphs goalkeeper tries to punch clear another ball into the box from Upton. Photo: Bob Shaw

Telegraph's goalkeeper tries to punch clear another ball into the box from Upton. Photo: Bob Shaw

Last season’s finalists in The Wirral Premier Cup, New Ferry Rangers, have dropped down to the Amateur cup after suffering a 4-1 home defeat to Rockpoint last week.

When they faced each other again at the same venue, this time it was the turn of Rangers (Adam Larway) to take the spoils and put their name in the hat for the next round with the normal regulation time finishing all square at 1-1 before New Ferry advanced 4-3 on penalties.

Neston United (Kev Exell, Liam Peacock) also registered a 4-3 win on penalties after a 2-2 draw with Groves Woodland, to find a place in the last 16.

Efforts from Jack Cohen and Harry Firkins for Barcode FC cemented their place in round two after crushing The Vineyard FC 2-0.

JPL Jets flew into the draw for the next round, shooting down fellow league members Old Parks FC 5-0. Doing the damage were Carl Hamm, Sam Parker, Shawn Cherera, Liam McCrellis and Callum Burbidge.

A Tom Molloy brace for FC Prenton was enough to earn a 2-2 draw and take the tie on penalties 8-7 over Bromborough Town FC.

More success for clubs from The Houlihan’s Birkenhead Sunday Association Football League came from Wellington FC (Ben Dufton-Kelly, Nathan Leyland), who disposed of Wallasey Wanderers Parkfield 2-1.

Wirral Radio FC (Jack Gibson, Tom Williams) also had a narrow 2-1 win over Saughall FC (Ben Noble). Woodchurch Rovers romped home 8-0 against AFC Shaftes, with Ryan Thompson helping himself to a treble and further strikes from Callum McQuade, Ben Robinson, Daryl Hellon plus an own goal. The only negative result was Silva Athletic on a 4-0 reversal.

Premier Division action saw Woodchurch Hotel FC (Josh Dures, Mark Beech) joining Dock AFC and Rock Ferry Social at the helm, having played a game more, after registering a 2-1 win in Birkenhaed Park over Corsair FC (Alan Bull).

A Havey Sample brace supported by a Mason Piecey effort was just enough for Queens Park FC with a 3-2 scoreline at Beechwood FC (Rob Cull, Morgan Woods).

There was a first league win of the season for Great Float S&S, after they sank Neston Nomads 4-2.

Rivacre FC (Jamie Eaton, Jay Harvey - 2, Joe Foster, Danny Cross) romped to their first maximum points haul of the season, with a 5-1 win over Lancelyn Glenavon.

Due to amateur cup ties, only one league game was possible in Division One. Bromborough Rake earned a straight fourth maximum points haul and still have a 100% record, but conceded their first goals of the season, in a fabulous game.

It was hat-trick hero Micheal Jeffs who hit the all important winner in the last minute of a 4-3 classic supplemented by a Dom Crossley effort, against Bushel Grange Athletic (Ben Glover. Tom Quinn, Liam Atherton).

Lee Doyle heads home from close range to give Barkers Armchair a 4-1 victory against Parkgate Saint Germain. Photo: Bob Shaw

Lee Doyle converts from close range to give Barkers Armchair a 4-1 victory against Parkgate Saint Germain. Photo: Bob Shaw

It was similar story in Division Two, with only one match taking place. A treble from Jordan Coates - including a wonder strike into the top corner - a well taken brace from Ian Hobday and a classic header from Mason Tyler Holland gave MSC Eastham a 6-0 win over Victoria Colts.

AFC Tima’s newly-found superb form keeps them in pole position in Division Three. On the scoresheet for the Tima lads were Phil Bibby and Mike Redgrift, who both bagged a pair, with David Turner notching the other, for a 5-1 win against Wallasey Village (Daniel Allen).

A solitary goal for AFC Rangers from Mark Fitzpatrick was enough to maintain their fine start to the new campaign and remain unbeaten in second spot, recording a narrow 1-0 win at AFC Raeburn.

Third-placed Whitby Rangers had a resounding 9-1 result at Wirral Athletic (John Chandiyamba), thanks to marksmen Jacob Adams, Gabriel Kwateng (2), Matty Hickman, Matty Vickers (2), Lewis Faiclough (2) and Jack Woods.

Another hat-trick marksman, Darren Sutton, allied to a Lee Doyle goal, was enough to inflict a 4-1 defeat on Parkgate St Germain for Barkers Armchair FC.

Oval FC (Kane Wilson - 2, John Skipsey, Mike Simpson, Callum Bennett) secured the points at West Kirby United (Ethan Cartwright), 5-1.