The match of the day in The Houlihan’s Birkenhead Sunday League was a huge talking point all week between two of the league’s most successful clubs, with Queens Park FC playing host to Dock AFC.

In what was almost certainly the Premier Division championship decider, Dock took the honours after beating Queens 4-1.

On the mark for Dock were Adam Lea with a double, a 'worldy' from Greg Drummond and Dave Forbes.

Queens Park are set to hand over their crown that they won in 2019 (competition was voided in 2019/20 due to Covid 19).

Since 2014/15 season, both clubs have been alternating with wining this prestigious trophy. Dock AFC are now five points clear with two games to go.

Queens Park and Rock Ferry Social are joint second, hoping Dock default, but Queens Park will be up against Rock Ferry Social next Sunday and a draw will give Dock a 10th title. 

Rock Ferry Social hit the buffers slightly in a goalless draw with Neston Nomads.

Beechwood FC are now aiming to wrestle in for the runners spot in their debut season in the Premier Division after a inflicting a 3-1 result on Lancelyn Glenavon. Rob Cull and Mitchell Duggan with a brace doing the damage.

Great Float Sports & Social sunk FC Bidston 2-1.

Division One Champions Rivacre FC received their trophy prior to the game on Sunday. 

The trophy was originally presented to The Houlihan’s Birkenhead Sunday association Football League by The River Streets Residents Association in memory of The late William Ralph 'Dixie' Dean. 

And in great sporting style, Shaftesbury Youth gave them a guard of honour. All the credit goes down to the match Referee Mr Taylor, with a couple of simple instructions.

Shaftesbury Youth, who are aiming for the runners up spot, dipped to Rivacre FC 4-2. 

That defeat could be costly for Shaftes as Corsair FC romped home 13-1 at Ellesmere Port Athletic. 

With one game to play Shaftesbury Youth are three points ahead of both Corsair FC and Lions FC, who are level with only a couple of goals separating them. 

Woodchurch Rovers FC (Callum Whitby pen, Danny Chamney, Matt Smith) finished their season with a narrow 3-2 victory at FC Tranmere (Luke Holland, Jon Brown).

After a hard couple of months with teams playing twice a week taking its toll on injuries and availabilities of players, The Lukes have won The Division Two Title.

Only one match took place with Neston United running out 5-0 winners at Barkers FC (Mark Nokes 2, Kevin Exell, Andy Lewis, Ben Pearson). 

Neston are still pushing for a promotion place to Division One.

Division Three leaders New Ferry Rangers had a very narrow 2-1 win at Silva Athletic (Jenson Mackie) to seal their title, with Jack Kelly and Harrison Hindley bagging the all important goals.

It is looking like promotion for MSC Eastham, who accounted for Glenavon Athletic 2-1. Eastham have finished their league programme but are waiting on others to finish theirs.

Victoria Colts, who have four games to play, are nine points behind the Ship Canal boys.

Colts (Ryan Coles, Robbie Campbell, Jack Maher, Gaz Dickenson, Danny Jones) registered a fine 5-1 success over Wirral Athletic (Dylan Palmer).

Strikes from Alan Merrin, Tom Brassey, Tom Malindoe and Daniel Connolly earned AFC Tima all three points in a 4-1 at AFC Raeburn.