WEST Cheshire League's representative side were in action at the weekend and secured their passage to the FA Inter League Cup's second round after they lowered the flag of their Wearside League counterparts.

After 90 minutes had produced a 1-1 stalemate, with Ellesmere Port Town's Jamie Eaton on the mark for the visitors, the West Cheshire team emerged 2-1 victors after extra time thanks to a decider from South Liverpool's Mason Nevitt.

In Wirral & District FA's Senior Cup preliminary round, Division Two outfit, Mersey Royal progressed after goals from Adam Smith (2), Andy Rogers, Leon Detlaff and Liam Driscoll sealed a 4-0 result over Shaftesbury YC.

Josh Ilesanmi, Salam Djabi, Harvey Dangerfield, Lance Cunliffe, Danny Bulayimaand Gerry Forde were the respective scorers after Bootle Reserves drew 3-3 with South Liverpool Res in a keenly-contested Liverpool CFA Junior Cup first round clash before South went through 4-1 on penalties.

Congratulations to Newton Youth took the scalp of Peninsual Comets in the FA Youth Cup - Riley Jones (3), Cieran English (2), Olly Wiggins, Akil Thiruselvan, John Carter and Charlie Packham obliging in a 9-0 rout.

Saturday's Division Two action saw promotion contenders, Heswall score through Keran Harris and Joe Forde, but two points were squandered after Poulton Royal hit back via Jay Thompson and Jack Fletcher.

That result enabled Prescot Cables Res. to take over at the top, when they eclipsed Litherland Remyca Dev 5-2 with goals from John Matthews (2), Brad Parry, Frank Turkington and John Morgan.

The visitors had Callum Malone and Tom Griffiths in reply.

Division Three leaders, Bootle St Edmunds scored through John Howard and Mark Madden but were denied maximum spoils by third-placed challengers Helsby, Lee Turkington obliging with both goals for the visitors, while a solitary strike from Steve Abbott eaned West Kirby Res all three points against Chester Nomads Res.

A goal from Aintree Villa Res' Andy Wiseman was negated by a reply from Capenhurst Villa Res' John Britton and it was celebration time for Pensby FC who recorded their first win of the season, Dan O'Halloran (2), Ellis Byrne and an own goal cementing a 4-0 decision over Neston Nomads Res.

Elliot Taylor's hat trick anchored Litherland Remyca U18's to a 3-0 triumph at Victoria Colts U17's in the Youth Division while Jack Ward went one better with a four goal return, as unbeaten leaders Lower Breck U18's blitzed Bootle U18's 13-0.

Further efforts from Jack Toner (3), Ben Wynne (2), Louis White, Bobby Walsh, Alfie Dwyer and Alfie Roberts completed the statistics.

Poulton Vics U18s, with Harvey Sample and Joe Killen on target, won 2-0 against Heswall U17s.