SECOND division cup semi-final day saw Halfway House evict Barnston PV from the competition, winning 3-2 in an even encounter.

The goals for Halfway House came from Andy Simpson (2) and Alex Woods.

Firing the responses were Ricardo Royes and Jason Stephens.

They will meet Vineyard who came from behind twice to beat Eastham Rangers with a last-minute penalty from John Elias in a 3-2 success.

He also netted earlier as did Cauley Lewis, with Andy Midwinter and Tay Jones netting for Rangers in an end to end fixture.

Top game in the First division resulted in Poulton Vics taking over top spot from inactive Nelson FC as they won a seven-goal thriller versus JASGA PV 4-3. On target for Vics were Jamie Payne-2, Mike McClean and Craig Kay, with Jordan Griffiths and Mike New-2 bagging the replies for the green army. Upton FC edged into the leading pack as they saw past Liver View in a 6-0 victory due to goals from David Harrison-2, James Atherton, Jamie Battle, Liam Cairns and Kieran Thompson. A goal apiece from Steve McMillen and Adam McComb was enough for PLCCFC to take the spoils against Queens Liscard as they won 2-1.

Second division action saw Runcorn Select beat Eastham Rangers Colts as Ryan Burnell netted three penalties in their 3-1 win. Despite Dean Scott firing a double and Barry Whitfield a single Trident went down 3-5 versus North Wirral Saints which dented their promotion push.

Game of the day in the Dundee Youth division saw Glenavon Athletic close the gap on leaders Groves FC as they beat them 3-2 with a Jamie Woods brace a single from Jack Templeton.

Park Royal also netted three times when beating Eastham Rangers Jets 3-1 thanks to efforts from Dan Malley, Charlie Catterton and Jack Cureton, with the response coming from Jordan-Lee Major.

Top of the table encounter in the Grove Youth division resulted in a 2-0 success for ACA Sports as they defeated Delta Colts Parkfield with goals from Karl Mogan and Simon Grace. A double strike from Matthew Hickman allied to a single from Jacob Adams enabled Groves Rovers to beat Young Lions 3-1 who had Callum Bennett as their lone scorer.