THE constant deluge of rain caused major disruption to fixtures which included semi-final games that will now take place next Sunday, but credit goes to all teams that actually got games played during gale-force winds.

The second division derby between Eastham Rangers Colts and Eastham Rangers ended in a 3-3 stalemate as Suphot Thiamdong, Connor Allan and Harry Mills netted for Colts.

Bagging the responses for Rangers were Martin Marshall with a brace and Catphal Sloan with a single in a game hampered by the high winds.

Barnston PV caused the upset of the day when beating leaders Halfway House 3-2 and slowing their title charge, as an own goal allied to singles from Jason Stephens and Luke Brown did the damage.

Replying for House were Joe Skinner and Cal Herbert in a very even affair.

Top score of the day went to Runcorn Select who netted a magnificent seven without reply against North Wirral Saints, thanks to Bailey Duffield notching five goals and Luca Tron and Ryan Burnell adding a goal apiece in a great team performance.

The top-of-the-table clash in the First division saw a lively encounter between Nelson FC and JASGA PV.

Nelson led twice through Ben Dunn and Callum Morrison, but JASGA levelled twice through Stewart Speed and a Mike New penalty before Danny Murphy won the points for Nelson with a wind assisted free kick in the second half which puts them within two points of the leaders.

An excellent hat-trick from Jake Sedgwick gave St Andrews United the spoils versus Liver View as they ran out 3-0 winners.

Only one game survived in the Grove Youth division and saw Higher Beb JFC record their best win so far as they went nap in a 5-0 success versus AC Hoylake in a game well contested by both teams.

Bagging the goals for Beb were Lewis Simpson and Josh McKinney with a two-goals each and an own goal completed the scoring in a good game.

Good luck is wished to Nelson FC as they represent the league in the semi-final of the Wirral DFA Amateur cup next Sunday.