MAN-of-the-match Tom McNamara scored twice for Mossley Hill Athletic as Saturday's West Cheshire League Pyke Cup Second round clash with Rainhill Town finished 2-2 and grabbed the winner in extra-time to secure his side's passage to the semi-finals.

Loyd Roberts plundered both consolations for the visitors.

Despite a goal from Nathan Mapletoft, Chester outfit Upton AA bowed out when replies from Jamie Easton (2) and Phil Quilliam helped Ellesmere Port Town to a 3-2 decision.

Three-goal Craig Blackwell left his calling card and was joined on the scoresheet by Ben Helm and Jacob Jones as Redgate Rovers progressed at the expense of Hale, who hit back via Louis Corness, Jimmy Eaves and Ryan Stratulis.

In the West Cheshire Shield second round, free-scoring Aintree Villa made it to the last four after efforts from John Lawless (3), Thomas Jump (2), Matt Sohl, Stephen Andrews, Fran Hargreaves and Anthony Seddon anchored them to a 9-2 victory over Burscough Dynamo who had Ryan Dobney (2) in reply.

Mersey Royal's name also went into the hat after Adam Smith (2) and Lam Driscoll struck in the 3-0 eclipse of Redgate Rovers Res.

Saturday's Division One action saw leaders Maghull denied maximum spoils for the second week running, after they finished 2-2 at Richmond Raith Rovers.

Aiden Preston and Jonathan Parkinson found the net for the hosts with Mike Boyle and Elliot Toner scoring for Maghull.

At the other end of the table, the search for a first win continued for bottom club West Kirby after they scored through Adam Chwalko and Jack Brown, but went down 3-2 at relegation rivals Marshalls, who celebrated the win courtesy of efforts from Joe Connolly, Cameron Chalinor and Dan Abayomi.

Reigning champions, South Liverpool had Cam Dalton on target but their run of form stayed in a downward spiral following a 3-1 defeat at Neston Nomads who moved closer to mid table sanctuary thanks to goals from Liam Smith (2) and Jay Gardiner.

Wallasey side Ashville also pocketed vital points after Tom Quinn and Ricci Neil obliged in a hard fought 2-1 result over Vauxhall Motors Res. Kieran Hamm scored for Motors.

Division Two leaders Capenhurst Villa won 4-0 at Cheshire Lines, with goals from Ross Cooper, Charlie Bell, Lee Ludgate and Ellis Williams and that result saw Cape open up a five-point lead at the top.

Nearest rivals Heswall came unstuck when they went down 3-1 at fifth placed challengers Page Celtic, who confirmed the win with goals from Dean Shacklock, Jack Watts and Scott Baker.

Mallaby raced into a 4-0 lead at Prescot Cables Res, through Lewis Dickson (2), Tommy Johnstone and Kieran Donoghue before the hosts staged a second half revival and almost snatched a point as Lee Owens, Ben Sinclair and Adam Hendry reducing the deficit.

The points were shared after South Liverpool Res and Rainhill Town Res stalemated 0-0.

There was a welcome victory for West Kirby Res, who beat Ahville Res 2-1 with goals from Aaron Buckley and Dave McNellis.

Goals were plentiful in Division Three as Ben Pearson bagged four in Neston Nomads Res' 7-2 triumph at Ellesmere Port Town Res and Carl Wellsbury was a three-goal star who shone in Capenhurst Villa Res' 7-3 blitz of Heswall Res.

Doubles from John Pomprett and Karl Baker steered Poulton Royal to a 6-2 result at Wirral SB Res, while Liam Van Gelder (2) and Thomas Seddon made the score sheet as South Sefton Borough Res beat Marshalls Res 3-2.

In the Youth Division, runaway leaders Bootle U18 made it ten wins from as many outings after efforts from Cam Grant (2), Max Barton and James Francis netted in a 4-2 success over Maghull U18.

Newton U17s' 4-1 victory at Litherland Remyca U17 saw efforts from Jonathan Carter, Jamie Rutter, Charlie Peckham and Tom Taffe while two-goal hot-shot Sean Walker guided Litherland Remyca U18 to a 3-2 win at Marshalls U18.

Goals from Bootle Academy's James Toole and Levi Adebisi failed to count as Mossley Hill Ath U18 posted a 4-2 win with Ben Jones, Ben Craig, Hasn Mslah and Tom Jepson on target.