FINALISTS for the Carlsberg West Cheshire League's Pyke Cup were resloved, after Newton accounted for Maghull in extra time and Vauxhall Motors lowered the flag of Upton AA.

Paul Carney open the scoring for Newton on 25 minutes, before a fine volley from Tom Foley levelled the issue.

Maghull went in front in the extra period through Anthony Price, but Newton savoured the last laugh after efforts from Liam Smith, Dom Coddington and Jamie Hurworth secured a 4-2 result for Lee Kissock's outfit.

In the other semi, Vauxhall with goals from Alain Moreau (2), Jason Carey, Jake Stinton and Tom Davies ran out 5-2 winners.

Lee Guiardo bagged both consolations for Upton.

Goals from Andy Rogers and Liam Driscoll gave Mersey Royal a 2-0 cushion in their West Cheshire Shield semi-final against Page Celtic, but it was the visitors who progressed, after they rallied via James Croxton, David Moore and Adam McCarthy and won 3-2.

Saturday's Development Trophy play off saw Sean Walker (2), Liam Lindon, Max Smith and Peter Silcock on target as Litherland Remyca Youth beat Maghull Town 5-0.

Division One leaders, South Liverpool, consoloidated their position at the top, after Jimmy Eves and an own goal clinched a 2-1 decision over nearest rivals, Mossley Hill Athletic, who hit back through Elliot Hughes.

Form side Redgate Rovers eclipsed Richmond Raith Rovers 4-0 courtesy of efforts from Ollie Gallagher, Tom Hollyoak, Robbie McDonald and Anthony Poole while the improving Heswall took maximum spoils from their trip to Marshalls, Levi Wooley (2) and Ben Dufton-Kelly obliging in a 3-0 success.

Despite goals from Tommy Johnstone and Josh Davies, the final whistle came too soon for Mallaby, who went down 3-2 at Chester Nomads.

Corey Haack, James McItosh and Ryan Trousdale found the net for the hosts . Ashville's outside chances of winning the title improved following a 3-1 win at West Kirby. Ben Greenop(2) and Tom Quinn netted for the visitors with Chris Lavery in reply for Kirby.

Division Two leaders, Hale, won 2-0 against title rivals South Liverpool Reserves, with goals from Louis Ruddock and Luke Minnet and went 12 points clear at the top.

John Ashton, Conor, Kernohan, Luke Wynne and Stephen Owens shared the goals, as Mossley Hill Athletic romped home 4-0 against luckless Willaston, but a goal from Aaron Woods failed to prevent Heswall Res. from losing 2-1 to Capenhurst Villa.

Honours were shared after an effort from Rainhill Town Reserves Loyd Roberts was negated by a reply from Ellesmere Port Town's Louie Gorman and in another 1-1 finish, Maghull Res and Cheshire Lines shared the points.

Elsewhere, evergreen campaigner, Paul Howell, scored twice and was joined on the scoresheet by Laurence Harris, as Ashville Res eclipsed West Kirby Res 3-0.

Litherland Remyca Res extended their advantage at the top of Division Three to six points after they won 13-1 against Redgate Rovers.

Reece Kerr (2), Jack McGrotty, Jordan Edge, Leon Bower and Callum Blondel found the net as fourth-placed Wirral SB posted a 6-0 result at Burscough Dynamo.

It was celebration time for Chester Nomads Res, who triumphed 4-3 at Cheshire Lines Res.

Jordan Lee, Mike Jeffs, Jareth Ashbrook and Dan Riley were the visitors' marksmen.

Tony Ashton and Ryan Eamonn scored for Capenhurst Villa Res, but still finished on the losing side after efforts from Danny Grace, Danny Abayomi and Jonny Biggs anchored Marshalls Res to a 3-2 victory.

The last unbeaten record was forfeited at the weekend, after Youth Division leaders, South Liverpool Youth, capitulated 2-0 to goals from West Kirby Youth's Jack Brown and Nico Garcia.

Doubles from Charlie Bennet and Jake Holden were just the job for Maghull Town who won 4-3 at second placed Bootle Youth who replied through Jake McKettrick, Cameron Grant and Will Quayle.