A DOUBLE salvo of goals by Lewis McDonald helped PLCCFC to stump Halfway House in the Second division in a 2-1 success that moves them into third place.

Scoring the lone response was Ethan Tellett.

Despite Ash Fox firing Stonegate into the lead they had to produce a magnificent rearguard display in the second half to repel North Wirral Saints, but goals from Callum Saint and a last-minute effort from Mike Westcott gave Saints a 2-1 victory and moves them up into fourth spot.

Mixed fortunes befell the teams in the Wirral DFA Amateur Cup second round and saw Float FC eliminated 3-2 after extra time versus Telegraph in a last minute decider as Lee Pickles and Lee Dermody got their goals.

JASGA PV put in a regal display against Queens Liscard and ran out 7-0 winners due to doubles from Stewart Speed and Mike Scullion, with Dave Finnigan, Ben Speed and Keiran McCabe all adding singles.

AFC Tima succumbed to an 11-1 defeat against Lancelyn Glenavon.

Action from the Wirral DFA Junior Cup 2nd round resulted in Eastham Rangers taking the spoils in a 12 goal thriller as they beat Primrose FC 7-5 with goals from Drew Taylor-3, Keiran Hodgson, Louis Brown, Martin Marshall and Jordan Crowder, with the replies coming from Dan Allen-2, Declan Pierce-2 and Craig Mills.

Riverside who failed to raise a team and were eliminated and goals from Jack Kemp and James Scott were not enough for St Andrews United who lost 3-2 against Neston Nomads U-21’s.

In the Wirral DFA Youth Cup 2nd round Park Royal progressed thanks to a hat-trick from Joe Irvine and a single from Will Sass as they beat Cammell Laird 4-3.

Wallasey Wanderers found their way past Upton Youth (Callum Jones-2) in a 5-2 victory thanks to a brace of goals from Harry Griffiths and singles from John Gale, Macauley Lathom and Lewis Connolly.

Despite a Ben Banks double strike West Kirby United Panthers went out 5-2 away at Neston Nomads and FC Phoenix suffered their first lost when losing 3-0 away at Heswall.

Allport Hawks were shot down by Vauxhall Motors 9-1 but had Keiran Brady as their lone scorer and Irby Youth (Paul Keenan) were also dismissed when losing 5-1 versus West Kirby United.

The only fixture in the Dundee Youth division resulted in a hard fought 3-2 win for Wirral SB against West Kirby Wasps who had Jamie Phillips and Jay Rimmer as their marksmen.