CREWS attended a fire at a property in Neston which was started in a dishwasher.

At around 10.30pm on Wednesday, November 15, fire crews responded to an incident on Morland Avenue in Neston.

One fire engine from Powey Lane was in attendance.

Cheshire Fire and Rescue Service confirmed that the fire was "believed to have been started in a dishwasher".

A spokesperson for the crew said: "Firefighters were called to smoke alarm sounding in a house fire in Neston.

"On arrival, crews found a fire believed to have been started in a dishwasher. A large fan was used to clear smoke from the property.

"They monitored the scene for hotspots and dampened down the area."