ONE person was taken to hospital after a fire was caused by "discarded fireworks" in Neston.

At around 9.30pm yesterday (Sunday, November 5) fire crew were called to an address on Romney Close in Neston.

Two fire engines from Powey Lane and Ellesmere Port were in attendance.

Firefighters used a hose reel jet to put out the fire and cooled the surrounding area down. A thermal imaging camera was used to monitor temperatures.

A spokesperson for Cheshire Fire & Rescue Service said: "Discarded fireworks in an outbuilding were believed to be the cause of a fire. 

"One casualty was taken to hospital by ambulance. Firefighters were at the scene for around two hours."