AN electrical fault in a shed is thought to have caused a fire that spread to a house in Ellesmere Port last night.

At around 6.40pm firefighters received multiple reports of an outbuilding fire on Hawthorn Road.

Four fire crews were dispatched to the scene.

The fire had spread to a neighbouring house.

Two firefighters, wearing breathing apparatus, used two hose reel jets to extinguish the fire, they also used a hydraulic platform to fight the fire from above.

The crews are also used a main jet to cool a number of gas cylinders which were located in the shed.

After extinguishing the fire the crew removed damaged decking and part of a conservatory at the back of the house.

They used a thermal imaging camera to check for any hotspots.

Firefighters were at the scene for approximately three hours.