A HOMEOWNER had a lucky escape after a fire broke out at a home in Port Sunlight.

Emergency services were called today (Thursday, September 12) to Corniche Road at around 6am following reports that a fire had broken out in a kitchen.

Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus entered the home to prevent the fire from spreading and used a hose reel jet to extinguish the flames.

One person was assessed at the scene by paramedics but did not need further treatment.

Firefighters then carried out a Home Fire Safety Check before leaving at around 6.40am.