A HOMEOWNER was given oxygen after a kitchen fire in Wallasey.

Emergency services were called at around 10pm to Trentham Road on Saturday, May 11 following reports of a fire at a property.

On arrival crews found a small fire in the kitchen of a house.

Two firefighters wearing breathing apparatus entered the home and used a CO2 extinguisher plus a high pressure hose reel to prevent the fire from spreading.

One person was given oxygen at the scene by firefighters but did not need hospital treatment.

Crews left the scene at around 10.45pm.