RESIDENTS had a lucky escape after a chip pan fire at a flat in Rock Ferry.

Emergency services were called at around 1.20pm on Thursday, January 10 to Bedford Road following reports of a fire at a flat above a shop.

Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus extinguished the flames using a hose reel jet before ventilating the flat.

It is believed that the fire involved a chip pan in the kitchen.

No-one was injured.

The kitchen sustained serious fire and heat damage.

Crews left the scene at around 2.15pm.