FOUR members of a drugs gang that supplied cocaine and heroin into the Wrexham area have been handed prison sentences.

Marvin Frantzen, 31, admitted his part in the conspiracy and also pleaded guilty to carrying out a vicious burglary and taking part in a 120mph car chase with police near Chester.

He and Shaun Coleman, 26, were said to have been “in control” of the so-called ‘county lines’ drugs operation – a term used to describe criminal operations that have expanded out of major cities.

The pair, who are from the Merseyside area and now at HMP Altcourse in Liverpool, were locked up for 14 years 10 months and 11 years respectively at Mold Crown Court yesterday.

Sandra Mathias, 40, of Greenfields, Rossett, was the driver who ferried dealers and other conspirators around, and also hired cars for the gang to use.

She was jailed for four-and-a-half years.

Only Lee Jones, 39, of Pisgah Hill, Pentre Broughton, Wrexham, escaped immediate custody receiving a sentence of two years suspended for 18 months.

Judge Timothy Petts made an exception for Jones, who was said to have a street dealing role, as he had reportedly received threats from other gang members and feared for his safety if sent to prison.

His case was dealt with after the hearing for his three co-defendants so they would not have to appear in the dock together.

All had pleaded guilty to conspiracy to supply class A drugs.

Frantzen also admitted carrying out a “horrific” attack on April 2 which saw him break into a home in Wrexham on a perceived revenge mission after someone damaged his car.

When challenged by one of the occupants, he launched a “frenzied attack” on the man, repeatedly stabbing him in the hands, shoulder, leg and top of the head with a five-inch blade.

John Philpotts, prosecuting, said the victim was “bleeding heavily from his wounds” and needed to undergo surgery.

Reading from a victim impact statement made by the man’s partner, the barrister said the family and their children aged 11 and 10 had been traumatised by the assault.

“Nobody has the right to break into my home in broad daylight and threaten me in front of my children,” the woman said. “I know I will certainly never forget.”

Frantzen also pleaded guilty to dangerous driving in relation to a police chase that saw officers pursue his orange Land Rover Discovery from the A483 in Chester to the Mersey Gateway Bridge and then the M57 and A57.

The court heard he had tailgated traffic, ignored a red light and squeezed past cars in a bid to outrun officers at around 1pm on Saturday, November 18 last year.

At one point he hit 113mph on the hard shoulder, kicking up debris as he went, and then took a junction at 120mph.

Judge Timothy Petts said: “It is no surprise in the end that you crashed and were apprehended.”

Coleman also pleaded guilty to possession of a firearm after officers raided his home and found a Walther pistol with one 9mm bullet in the chamber.

Outlining the drugs conspiracy, Mr Philpotts told the court the gang had operated for about six months from November last year.

They would send out ‘flare texts’ to known drug users asking them to put in orders. Messages included wording such as ‘get your orders in’ and the festive-themed ‘Christmas has come early!’ Mr Philpotts said: “It’s clear this operation was above mere street level dealing.”

In total, almost £8,000 worth of drugs were recovered as well as over £40,000 in cash.

Surveillance and raids were carried out at properties on Churchill Drive, Talbot Road and Kings Close and lastly Pendas Park, where the gun was found in the loft.

Fingerprints and other incriminating evidence, such as mobile phone records, linked the four defendants to the operation.

Defending Frantzen, Philip Clemo said his client had pleaded guilty at an early stage and stressed the offences of aggravated burglary and wounding with intent did not relate to drugs.

A father of two children aged five and 10, Frantzen did not have a “significant record for violence”, the barrister said. The court heard he had previous convictions for the likes of robbery, arson, wounding and production of drugs.

Philip Astbury, for Coleman, said his client’s prompt guilty pleas were a “reflection of remorse”.

“There’s still time for him to mature and recognise the folly of such a lifestyle,” he told the court.

Coleman has previous convictions for dishonesty, possession of a firearm and producing drugs.

Oliver King, for Mathias, said his client only had “intermittent involvement” and was not “in the thick of things”.

A mother of two sons aged 16 and 10, she effectively led a “double life” being someone who drove drug dealers around while also being a good partner and a good mum.

Mr King said she did not make much money from her role, adding: “This was about surviving from her point of view.”

Mathias has previous convictions for offences of violence, fraud, burglary and shoplifting.

Catherine Jagger, defending Jones, said he had made full admissions after being arrested and accepted that he needed to be punished.

She urged the judge to impose a suspended sentence on her client, who played the role of the street dealer and was terrified of being locked up with people who had threatened him.

Judge Petts agreed to suspend the two-year sentence and ordered Jones to undertake 40 days of rehabilitation activity to address his drug use.

Jones has a string of previous convictions stretching back to the late 1990s.