FIREFIGHTERS were called to a blaze involving batteries at a home in Gayton.

Merseyside Fire and Rescue service were called to Baskervyle Road at around 11.34pm on Saturday, September 30.

Two fire engines attended the incident and crews wearing breathing apparatus used a CO2 extinguisher put the flames out.

Firefighters then ventilated the area.

No-one was injured.

A quantity of batteries sustained fire damage and a ground-floor room in the property was damaged by fire, heat and smoke.

Crews remained at the scene for around 25 minutes.