CAPITOL Cup Final action saw division One team Great Float S&S upset the form book and take the trophy against premier team Big House that required a penalty shoot out to decide the outcome.

An early goal by Danny McGill gave Big House the lead, but within 15 minutes the scores were level thanks to a superb goal from Dave King for Float.

The remainder of the game saw chances spurned by both teams and they remained on level terms even after extra time, but cool nerves gave Float the chance secure the trophy as they netted four of their penalties, whereas Big House only managed two efforts of note.

Respective man of the match awards went to Sam Herbert of House and Lee Bridge from the Float in an action packed game well marshalled by the match officials.

Mention should be made of the good sportsmanship showed by the Big House players at the award ceremony.

Liscard Bronze edged ahead of inactive Poulton Royal to take top spot in the Premier division title run in due to their 5-3 success over Windsor, for whom Dominick Higgins notched a brace.

Ship FC sailed to victory with a 3-1 win against The Cheese as Stuart Speed netted a double and Craig Richmond a single, with Anton Corser bagging the only reply.

A below strength FC Victoria ended their division One season with a battling 2-1 win over Birkenhead Vale thanks to Lee Swanick and Danny Holdsworth scoring a goal apiece, with Steve Dadoma claiming the sole response, but they finish the season third. Cup winners Great Float need a victory to take the title in their last game against Cetco Europe who will also want to finish the season with a win.

If they fail to win then Primrose will be crowned champions.

Grange Moreton made matters hard for themselves in the division Two promotion race when losing to close rivals PLCCFC 6-3, who will finish as runners up if Grange to win their last two games.

On target for Grange where Sean Macmanus-2 and Joe Curran and netting for PLCCFC were Neil Davies-3, Tom Hughes, Lee Charlton and Mike Keogh. AFC Tima shared the spoils with Sandbrook FC in a 1-1 draw that saw Kenny Simon net for Sandbrook and Martin Dunn bagged the reply for Tima.

Youth division action saw Christleton Youth beat Heswall Athletic 3-2 to maintain pole position as Adam Wilson, Sam Burgess and Tom George fired the goals, but keeping pace are Upton Youth who delivered the goods versus Stork Youth in a 8-0 romp.

A hat trick from Nathan Roberts allied to a double by Peter McGinty and singles from Zac Nowell, Ryan Ward and Jamie Mitchell secure this emphatic win and sets up an interesting fixture versus the leaders next Sunday which will decide the title race.