FINALISTS for the Wirral & District FA's Saturday Amateur Cup, scheduled for Easter Monday at Ashville, will feature Carlsberg West Cheshire League clubs, New Brighton Res, who overcame Heswall Res, 2-0 with goals from Kyle Birch and Dan Bancale, and host club, Ashville Res, who beat Maghull Res, by the same scoreline, courtesy of a goal apiece from Paul Howell and Peter Wright.

In the Wirral & District FA semi finals, a smart double from Richie Foulkes was enough, as Heswall accounted for Maghull 2-0.

It was a big disappointment for the Liverpool outfit, who were brimming with confidence, having beaten leaders, Ashville 2-1, in a tight Division One contest last Wednesday.

Ashville represented the Cheshire County FA on Saturday at Vauxhalls, and secured their passage to the Northern Counties Cup final, after a solitary effort from Steve Oates curtailed the interests of the East Riding FA represented by Sculcoates FC .

In Division One, it was an excellent day for the Chester based clubs.

Consistent performers, Christleton, won 2-0 at Southport Trinity, thanks to efforts from Steve Flynn and George Rogers, while the improving Blacon YC savoured a 3-1 triumph at struggling Marshalls.

Adam Langton, Jack Pickering and Matty Cross were the marksmen.

Two goals from Simon Andrews were supplemented by further efforts from John Farrell and Paul Sweeney as Upton AA won 4-1 at Willaston and a goal from Kieran Smith, helped Chester Nomads to a 1-1 stalemate at Newton.

Dave Lynch obliged for the hosts.

Despite goals from Matty Houghton, and Paul McDonnell, Cammell Laird Res., sank further into relegation trouble, after reigning champions West Kirby hit back and profited via Josh Hughes, Stuey Jackson and Steve Kane.

Division Two leaders, Bebington Ath., had Graeme Carvell, Lloyd Ithell and Sean Heggarty on the mark, but dropped two points when they were pegged back by replies from West Kirby Res.' Dave Bowe, Keith Lewis and Chris Bowe.

Title favourites, Hale, returned to winning ways with a 4-0 eclipse of Prescot Cables Res., confirmed by goals from James Ormisher, Sean Calland, Brad Williams and Ryan Cullen.

Efforts from John Garner, Alan Weston and Mike Sullivan saw Richmond Raith Rvrs. lead 3-1 at Bronze Social, before two goal man of the match, Lee Dermody, inspired a remarkable fight back, as the Wallasey outfit rallied to win 4-3, with a last minute winner from Steve Egan.

After losing two on the trot, New Brighton revived their outside chances of promotion after they triumphed 4-3 at Manor Ath., with efforts from Pat O'Sullivan(2) Tommy Carroll and Jake Cork.

Lewis Walters found the net for Capenhurst Villa, but still finished on the losing side after visitors, Runcorn Linnets Res., struck back through Nigel Johnson and Lewis Buckley.

Belfry's 3-0 victory over Ellesmere Port Res., was confirmed by goals from Josh Duckett, Mark Brady and Danny Hart.

Free-scoring Division Three leaders, South Liverpool, stayed ten points in credit at the top, after Andy Tull, Sean Davies, Gary Dunning and Alex Woodcock netted in a 4-2 success at Manor Ath. Res.

Reece Conlon, Carl Jenkins and Ian Bond hit the target, as nearest rivals, Heslby, kept in touch, after they posted a 3-1 win at Mossley Hill Ath. Res. Martin Coan struck twice as Neston Nomads beat Bebington Ath. Res., but a Jay Standish double counted for nothing, as Hale Res. dipped 3-2 at Upton AA Res.

Ryan Farrell, Nathan Freeman and Kevin Clutton netted for the winners.

In the Youth Division, two-goal John Finlay took the plaudits as form side, Lower Breck Boys won 5-3 at Hale Youth.

Leaders Maghull had to settle for a share of the spoils after they finished 1-1 with Runcorn Linnets. George Southall and Dean Holmes applied the finishing touches, as Runcorn Town won 2-1 at Widnes Town.