MAN EXPOSED HIMSELF: Incidents at Rock Ferry railway station in the presence of a 16-year-old girl led to a man facing Wirral Magistrates.

John Alan Coburn, 20, of Linwood Road, Tranmere, pleaded guilty to exposing himself with intent to cause alarm or distress - and also urinating in public.

Magistrates told him there were aggravating features in the case.

They called for a pre-sentence report and kept all sentencing options open.

Coburn was bailed until February 14.

Tessa Hinder, defending, said Coburn was very drunk at the time.

He was a nuisance to others rather than anything else at the time.

She claimed he did not act in a predatory way.


PAIR STOLE FROM CHURCH: Two young men who stole from a church centre were told by Wirral Magistrates it was a horrible offence.

Ryan James Goodacre, 21, of Inglemere Road, Rock Ferry, and Michael Lee Jones, 19, of Acre Lane, Bromborough, said they were ashamed.

The pair admitted entering the St Barnabas Church Centre at Church Square, Bromborough, in November and stealing a charity jar containing £40 from a cupboard.

Magistrates made a community order to include 12 months' supervision, attending a "thinking skills" programme and serving 80 hours of unpaid work.

They each had to pay £177 towards compensation for the cash and damaged caused in the offence.


SENT TO CROWN COURT: Kevin Edward Dixon, 25, of Bedford Road, Rock Ferry, was sent for Crown Court trial by Wirral Magistrates.

He faces allegations of possession of cannabis at his address in April last year, possession of the Class B drug with intent to supply and also dishonest use of electricity.

He was bailed to face a judge next month.


NOT GUILTY PLEA: Dennis Frederick Rich, 39, of Foxhey Road, Wallasey, pleaded not guilty when he appeared before Wirral Magistrates charged with using threatening, abusive or insulting words and behaviour to a woman at Brighton Street, Wallasey, in December.

He was remanded on bail for evidence to be called on February 22 and was ordered in the meantime not to make any attempt to contact the complainant.


DISASTROUS DRIVE: A short drive after an argument proved disastrous for an Eastham woman.

Patricia Gibson-Saxty, 64, of Green Lane, pleaded guilty to drink-driving on New Year's Eve.

A test showed 65 microgrammes of alcohol with the legal limit set at 35.

John Weate, defending, said Gibson-Saxty had a hitherto impeccable record.

She was acutely embarrassed and apologised.

Disqualification would have a huge impact as she ran a small catering business and needed her vehicle.

Magistrates imposed a £400 fine and a 12-month driving ban, which will be reduced by a quarter if she completes a probation course offered to her.


DRUG CHARGES: Phillip Lee Andrews, 26, of Yelverton Road, Birkenhead, was bailed for a preliminary hearing before a judge on February 10 when sent for Crown Court trial by Wirral Magistrates.

He is charged with unlawful possession of cannabis at his address last June and also possession of cocaine with intent to supply on the same date.