DRIVER LOST TEMPER: Loss of temper proved costly for a Moreton man.

Darren Atkinson, 32, of Witley Close, was fined £200 by Wirral Magistrates and also had to pay £100 costs.

He pleaded guilty to causing damage to a Transit vehicle at Moreton.

Prosecutor Lionel Cope told how Atkinson pulled alongside the vehicle in Westway, Moreton, and shouted abuse at the driver.

He then punched the vehicle before driving away causing a dent to the bodywork.

He later told police he could not get passed and there was an argument.

His solicitor in court said he was in a hurry to get home.

His way was blocked and he accepted he was rude to the other driver after losing his temper.


PAIR DENY STEALING £100,000: Two Wallasey people were bailed for committal proceedings after the defence requested time to go through papers in the case.

Stephen John Siddell, 27, of Serpentine Road, Wallasey, faces 63 charges of stealing cash in excess of £100,000 belonging to Pali Limited at Wallasey on various dates and one matter of false representation.

Louise Siddell, 24, of Union Street, Wallasey, is charged with converting criminal cash between November, 2009 and August of the following year.


BANNED DRIVER AT WHEEL: A check on a motorist stopped by the police revealed he was a banned driver, Magistrates heard.

Lee John Burrows, 34, of Colbert Close, Upton, admitted driving while disqualified and without insurance.

He borrowed a van from a neighbour to move furniture and did not travel far, said his solicitor Andy Slight.

Burrows must serve 150 hours of unpaid work. He had to contribute £85 court costs.


DOUBLE LEGAL LIMIT: The driver of a van which hit a parked car was over the legal alcohol limit.

Simon John Clinch, 40, of MacKenzie Road, Leasowe admitted drink-driving when he faced Wirral Magistrates.

A breath-test showed a reading of 65 microgrammes of alcohol, which is nearly double the limit.

He was fined £250 plus £100 costs and was banned from driving for 18 months which will be reduced by a quarter if he completes a probation course offered to him.


DRUNK AND DISORDERLY: A drunken 34-year-old man did not recall a great deal of an incident where he stumbled about in the roadway causing vehicles including a police car to take evasive action, Wirral Magistrates were told.

Brian Hulse of Connaught Way, Birkenhead, admitted being drunk and disorderly in Price Street, Birkenhead, where he was abusive to officers who arrived on the scene.

He was fined £35 plus £10 costs.


STREET FIGHT: Police detained an abusive man after they acted on a report of two men fighting in the street, Wirral Magistrates were told.

Francis Mullen, 38, of Cleveland Street, Birkenhead, admitted being drunk and disorderly near his home.

He was fined £35 and also had to pay £100 costs.


BAILED FOR TRIAL: Benjamin David Round, 22, of Bridge Street, and Daniel Shaw, 18, of Price Street, both Birkenhead, were bailed by Magistrates until the New Year for trial.

Both denied allowing themselves to be carried in a vehicle they knew to have been taken without consent at Birkenhead in October.


ASSAULT CHARGE: Christopher Thomason, 22, of Hinderton Road, Birkenhead, was remanded on bail for trial in the New Year by Magistrates.

He denied assault by beating at Balmoral Gardens in Prenton Hall Road, Prenton, in November and also assaulting a community support officer in the execution of her duty on the same date.