WOMAN ATTACKED PARAMEDIC: A woman who attacked a paramedic who was treating her appeared before Magistrates.

Alexis Catherine Nelson, 39, of Drake Road, Moreton, admitted assaulting Francis Peeney at Arrowe Park Hospital.

She also admitted on the previous day assault by beating in Drake Road, Moreton.

Magistrates called for a pre-sentence report with a view to imposing a high level community penalty.

Nelson was bailed for three weeks.

* * *

DRUNKEN CYCLIST HAD DRUGS: A drunken cyclist tried to make off from police because he had cannabis on him at the time, Wirral Magistrates heard.

David Michael Critchley, 24, of Church Road, Wallasey, admitted unlawful possession of cannabis and also being drunk in charge of a pedal cycle.

The court heard he had drank alcohol after attending the funeral of a relative.

Magistrates made a 30-day curfew order, which means Critchley must remain indoors at his address between 7pm and 7am nightly.

* * *

CANNABIS FINE: A grinder and some cannabis was found when police raided a Birkenhead address.

David John Roberts, 19, of North Road, admitted at Wirral Magistrates Court unlawful possession of the controlled Class B drug at Collin Road, Birkenhead, where he was staying at the time.

He was fined £70 and also had to pay £85 costs.

* * *

BAILED ON ASSAULT CHARGE: Magistrates bailed a young Rock Ferry man until November 22 when sending him for Crown Court trial.

Ashley Anthony Mooney, 21, of Grove Road, faces an allegation of assault causing actual bodily harm at New Ferry last May.

There is also a charge of theft of pizzas, value £33, at Al’s Pizzas in Seafield Road on the same date.

* * *

INTENT TO SUPPLY ALLEGATION: Kyle James Robson, 21, of Merton Road, Wallasey, faced Magistrates charged with unlawful possession of 63 grams of cannabis with intent to supply at his home address last May.

He was bailed to a later date at the request of his solicitor to allow further inquiries to be made.

* * *

STEALING BY FINDING: Visiting a Birkenhead store, a 46-year-old man picked up and kept an envelope containing cash which had inadvertently been left on the counter, Magistrates were told.

Anthony Edward Clarkson, of Oxton Road, Birkenhead, pleaded guilty to theft of the envelope containing £70.

John Ballam, defending, said the incident was clearly seen on cctv and effectively it was theft by finding. Clarkson should have handed the envelope in.

Magistrates imposed a £70 fine. Clarkson also had to pay £70 compensation and £85 costs.

* * *

SHOPLIFTER FACED COURT: A man who ran from a shop with stolen coats was pursued and detained by a store detective.

Brian Doughty, 56, of The Woodlands, Birkenhead, pleaded guilty to stealing two coats worth £65 from New Look in Grange Road, Birkenhead,when he faced Magistrates.

He told police he had gone in the store intending to steal as he was short of money to pay bills.

Doughty was said to be in breach of a conditional discharge for theft at a TJ Hughes. Magistrates took no action but on the latest offence imposed a £70 fine plus £85 costs.

* * *

DRINK-DRIVE BAN: A motorist caught drink-driving lost her licence for 17 months at Wirral Magistrates' Court.

The ban will be reduced by a quarter for Tracey Anne Green, 37, of The Nook, Prenton, provided she completes a special drink-related motoring course offered to her.

She admitted driving at Wallasey in August when over the legal alcohol limit. It led to a £250 fine and she also had to pay a total of £100 costs including a £15 victim surcharge.