TIP-OFF THAT DRIVER WAS DRUNK: Police stopped a motorist after receiving a tip-off he might be drunk, Wirral Magistrates heard.

Car salesman Duncan Keith Parker,54, of Grampian Way, Eastham, admitted drink-driving. Tests showed more than double the legal alcohol limit.

Andy Slight, defending, said Parker apologised for his foolishness. He could lose his job through loss of licence.

Parker was given an 18-month disqualification and was fined £100 plus £100 costs.

* * *

DENIED THREATENING BEHAVIOUR: Wirral Magistrates bailed a 47-year-old man until July 26 for evidence to be called.

Francis Thomas Potter, of Woodhey Court, Rock Ferry, denied two allegations of using threatening words and behaviour likely to cause harassment or distress and two similar matters with an added racial aggravation element.

* * *

MAN DROPPED COCAINE WRAPS: A young man dropped cocaine as the police approached him in the early hours, Wirral Magistrates heard.

Oshane Chambers, 20, of Harrowby Road, Birkenhead, admitted unlawful possession of the controlled drug, which he claimed he found.

“It’s because I am black, isn't it?” commented Chambers when stopped.

He was fined £60 and had to pay £75 costs. The three wraps of cocaine recovered were forfeited.

* * *

DRIVER CAUGHT AFTER BAN: A 46-year-old man was detained for drink-driving three days after completing a ban, Wirral Magistrates heard.

Keith Robert Evans, of Neston Gardens, Birkenhead, who was said to have an unenviable record was questioned after he failed to indicate while turning and was found to be more than double the legal alcohol level.

He pleaded guilty to drink-driving and had two previous similar convictions.

He was bailed for reports with magistrates keeping all sentencing options open. An interim driving disqualification was imposed.

* * *

CHAIN REACTION LEADS TO COURT: A 40-year-old man who transported stolen chain to a scrapyard for weighing in should have made more inquiries and asked more questions before agreeing to the task, defence lawyer Sarah Ferguson told Magistrates.

She represented Daniel Leslie Lawson of Church Road, Birkenhead, who pleaded guilty to acquisition or possession of stolen property under the Proceeds of Crime Act.

The chain was stolen from the Royal Mersey Yacht Club. Prosecutor Amanda Cullen told how inquiries led to Lawson after the chain was seen by the owner at McCoy Brothers scrapyard. They had paid out £207 for it.

Lawson told police he was just dropping off the chain for a friend.

Miss Ferguson said Lawson handed over the money to the person who approached him and was given £25 for his trouble.

Lawson must serve 60 hours of unpaid work. He had to pay £207 compensation.

* * *

SENT TO CROWN COURT: Paul Joseph Caine, 45, of Acacia Grive, Wallasey, was sent to the Crown Court by Wirral Magistrates.

He faces allegations of bodily harm assault at Wallasey and possession of a blade or sharply-pointed instrument in a public place without authority.

He was conditionally bailed to face a judge next month.

* * *

DRIVER BAILED: Phelam Michael Brady, 32, of The Nook, Prenton, was bailed by Wirral Magistrates to allow time for a legal aid issue to be determined.

Brady is awaiting committal to the Crown Court on charges of driving dangerously and failing to provide a specimen for analysis under the Road Traffic Act.

* * *

WARRANT ISSUED FOR ARREST: Wirral Magistrates issued a warrant without bail for the arrest of Daniel John Rooke, 19, of Arthur Street, Birkenhead, who failed to appear to answer four allegations of travelling on the railway without paying fares on four different dates.